CYW43143 with external FEM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
parkersd
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, 

I have a couple of questions regarding the CYW43143, since there is no application schematic available online. I want to use an external FEM (Skyworks SKY85300-21) to amplify the output for a long range WiFi-Direct product. The system will be running Linux and feeding the CYW43143 data via the SDIO bus. Since the FEM requires GPIO control to alternate TX/RX modes is it possible to program this functionality into the CYW43143 using Wiced Studio? Also are there any issues with using a follow-on PA with the CYW43143? My schematic is attached. 

Thank you for your time,

Parker Davis

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

This chip is actually not a broad market chip and is not actively maintained. It's also not supported in WICED. I'm checking internally on your query but is there any possibility to have other chipset alternatives for your use case application?

Thanks

Aditi  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

This chip is actually not a broad market chip and is not actively maintained. It's also not supported in WICED. I'm checking internally on your query but is there any possibility to have other chipset alternatives for your use case application?

Thanks

Aditi  

0 Likes
Aditi_B

Hi,

You can go through this link for other alternatives-

https://www.cypress.com/products/airoc-wi-fi-combos

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes