CYW43012 Peak PHY Calibration Current

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FrYa_4831451
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Weikeng(GC)
First like given 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi,

While I study the datasheet of CYW43012, I found that "Peak PHY Calibration Current" is listed in specification of power consumption. Could you help to explain what it is?

Thanks.

Frankie

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi, 

Yes, this current specification is for calibration. 43012 features an automated calibration scheme which occurs during normal operation to accomodate any temperature variations.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

I will have to check once internally and then i will get back to you.

Thanks

0 Likes
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi Frankie,

"Peak PHY Calibration Current" is the peak current during the chip self - calibration. You can go through the "Calibration" section at the end of page 26 in the datasheet for more info on 43012 calibration.

Thanks

0 Likes
FrYa_4831451
Level 2
Level 2
Distributor - Weikeng(GC)
First like given 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Hi,

Do you mean that we just need to consider this current specification while we are doing TSSI calibration? 

Should we need to specially check this specification while CYW43455 is running on RF TX test mode or normally operating mode?

Regards.

Frankie

0 Likes

I believe self-calibration occurs periodically during normal operation.  Your hardware design must be capable of handling that peak current draw.

Hi, 

Yes, this current specification is for calibration. 43012 features an automated calibration scheme which occurs during normal operation to accomodate any temperature variations.

Thanks

0 Likes