Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I try to test WiFi functionality of CY43012 radio chip. To do it I use Cypress WHD Library. I build a project on custom board with NXP LPC54607 MCU. 

I have a problem with whd_wifi_on() function. I have firmware and nvram uploaded without issues, and I get Function 2 ready. But after that I cannot pass downloading clm_blob file. I get error as below:

** ERROR: WLAN: could not download clm_blob file
** FATAL ERROR: system unusable, CLM blob file not found or corrupted.

I check the function and the moment it fails is timeout in: 

retval = cy_rtos_get_semaphore(&cdc_bdc_info->ioctl_sleep, (uint32_t)WHD_IOCTL_TIMEOUT_MS, WHD_FALSE);

I think the issue is connected with some errors in functions porting, but the variables seems ok and I do not know where to look at. 

Thanks,

Piotr

0 Likes
1 Solution
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, after some investigation I figured out that I might have issue with SDIO interrupts.

thread_info->bus_interrupt is always FALSE

after removing thread_info->bus_interrupt confition from  whd_thread_func() I was able to upload the CLM_BLOB and finish whd_wifi_on();

Unfortunately when I try to use setup function for Access Point or Scan It is failing due to error:

Received buffer request ID: 22 (expectation: 23)
Received a response for a different IOCTL - retry

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you follow the suggestion in this thread?

https://community.cypress.com/t5/WICED-Studio-Wi-Fi-Combo/About-malfunction-after-update/td-p/89079?...

Let us know if this resolves the issue. Also, can you provide the firmware and the clm_blob file?

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I think the issue is not really connected with the one from suggested thread.

In my case I think that the semaphore "&cdc_bdc_info->ioctl_sleep" is not getting set from whd_thread.

Unfortunately I can not find the reason why.

0 Likes
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll check the call hierarchy and revert back to you.

Please provide the firmware.bin and the clm_blob file as well to check for file corruption.

Thanks

Aditi

0 Likes
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

I used the firmware and clm_blob from version wifi-host-driver 1.92.0.4803. Today I tried also the latest version with the same result.

In my program I see that whd_bus_sdio_irq_handler is not running. 

I guess cyhal_sdio_register_irq is not registering the irq correctly.

Thanks,

Piotr

0 Likes
PIHL
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, after some investigation I figured out that I might have issue with SDIO interrupts.

thread_info->bus_interrupt is always FALSE

after removing thread_info->bus_interrupt confition from  whd_thread_func() I was able to upload the CLM_BLOB and finish whd_wifi_on();

Unfortunately when I try to use setup function for Access Point or Scan It is failing due to error:

Received buffer request ID: 22 (expectation: 23)
Received a response for a different IOCTL - retry

0 Likes