importance of DHCP server in WHD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aniruddhann
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi, I am evaluating a WiFi feature with CYW4343, using WHD driver. I see a DHCP server implemented there. And, I take it to provide IP to the station nodes (when the Host is acting as AP). correct ? Basically, the zephyr framework does not have DHCP server implemented, so temporarily, will it work if a particular IP is assigned. or any workaround to skip DHCP server implementation ? any suggestions.

Thanks,

@aniruddhann 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Yes, the DHCP server assigns IP addresses to the station nodes. DHCP server is implemented in wifi-mw-core library, not in WHD. When you have multiple stations connected to AP then DHCP server dynamically assigns IP addresses but If it's just one station, I believe it will work by assigning a particular IP address.

Thanks,

Phanindra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Yes, the DHCP server assigns IP addresses to the station nodes. DHCP server is implemented in wifi-mw-core library, not in WHD. When you have multiple stations connected to AP then DHCP server dynamically assigns IP addresses but If it's just one station, I believe it will work by assigning a particular IP address.

Thanks,

Phanindra

0 Likes