Wifi driver/firmware modification list is needed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tandi
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted First like given

Our product used Cypress wifi chip, and this product was released in 2019. The wifi driver and firmware have been updated several times since then, our customer want to make an evaluation for SOUP, that is, to evaluate any of the updates for driver or firmware need to be implemented in our next SW package release.
We found the following updates for FMAC and firmware in your website, but no release notice can be found. Hopefully someone can give us a modification list so we can check with our customer for the neccessity of update our next SW release for the product. Thanks a lot!

cypress-fmac-v4.14.77-2019_1031
cypress-fmac-v4.14.77-2020_0115
cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2020_0625
cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2020_0925
cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2021_0114
cypress-fmac-v5.4.18-2021_0527
cypress-fmac-v5.10.9-2021_1020

cypress-firmware-v5.4.18-2021_08_12

0 Likes
1 Solution
Qi_Colin
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hi @Tandi :

Normally we suggest customer to use the newest version of FMAC package, because it is compatible with older versions.

For the modification list of different version, I will check it and feedback to you later.

Best Regards,

Colin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Qi_Colin

Hi @Tandi :

Normally we suggest customer to use the newest version of FMAC package, because it is compatible with older versions.

For the modification list of different version, I will check it and feedback to you later.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
Tandi
Level 2
Level 2

OK, we will ask our customer to use newest version of FMAC while at the same time, we are still need the modification list, hopefully you can send it to me by email, thanks a lot!  

0 Likes
Tandi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Colin,

What about the firmware, could you please help to provide the latest version for WiFi firmware, and do you think  we need to move to the newest firmware version, thanks

Tandi

0 Likes
Qi_Colin

Hi @Tandi :

Currently Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2022-05-11] is the latest FMAC version.

I think if your module need to support newer kernel version, you should check the newest FMAC.

If not, no matter merge it or not.

Best Regards,

Colin

0 Likes
Tandi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Colin,

So for Wifi driver of FMAC, we should use the newest version.

For WiFi firmware, if we update our kernel to newer version, we need to move to newest WiFi firmware, if we keep the current kernel version, we should also keep the current WiFi firmware.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Tandi

0 Likes
Qi_Colin

Hi @Tandi :

Normally, different customer has different host platform. When they use the WIFI module, they need to bring up the module on their platform. It's a custom job.

If customer porting the driver by themselves, I think you share the latest FMAC version package will be better.

Best Regards,

Colin

Tandi
Level 2
Level 2

Understood, thanks a lot!

0 Likes