PSoC interfacing with WiFi module over SPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
srini_a
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Can someone provide high-level instructions on how to interface a PSoC (e.g. PSoC 63) with a WiFi module (e.g. CY43439)?

Is this WiFi-host-driver agnostic to the hardware interface like SPI or SDIO? 

https://github.com/Infineon/wifi-host-driver

I see an example code on the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT that uses a PSoC 62 to implements a webserver using wifi. This kit uses the Murata module (LBEE5KL1DX-883). Its not clear whether it is using UDBs or something else. Also, not clear whether its using SDIO or SPI.  I'm somewhat confused. Can someone please explain.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

For the wifi chip that you want to use, driver should have the support or implementation of the interface that you need. For 43439, both the SDIO and SPI interfaces are supported between host and WLAN chip in WHD.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Phanindra_I

Hi,

For the wifi chip that you want to use, driver should have the support or implementation of the interface that you need. For 43439, both the SDIO and SPI interfaces are supported between host and WLAN chip in WHD.

Thanks

0 Likes
srini_a
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 10 replies posted

Thank you! I understand. Do I follow porting instructions from here so I can interface CY8C6347 with the WiFi chip CY43439? Or Is there a better starting point? Some examples and such.

https://infineon.github.io/wifi-host-driver/html/index.html

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hi, 

Yes, you can go through that for more info and try to interface.

Thanks

0 Likes