Not able to initiate WiFi direct connection to Android device from Raspberry Pi

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaMe_1509466
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
I am trying to connect Android phone and Raspberry Pi board on WiFi direct using wpa_cli.

I have followed https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/117238/connect-android-smartphone-with-wi-fi-direct-... for setting up the P2P connection on RPi.

I am able to connect both with "virtual_push_button" method when I initiate the connection from android device(i.e sent the connect request from android phone to RPi) and then accept the connect request on RPi using "p2p_connect pbc" & "wps_pbc" commands on wpa_cli.

But I am not able to initiate the connection from RPi to android device. I should get the pop-up on android device when I try to connect to it from RPi using "p2p_connect pbc" command.

Here is the wpa_supplicant.conf file I am using:

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
driver_param=p2p_device=1
update_config=1
device_name=RasPi3
device_type=1-0050F204-1
config_methods=virtual_push_button
p2p_go_intent=7
p2p_go_ht40=1
country=IN
When I try the same on my ubuntu laptop, I get the "P2P-DEVICE-FOUND" event on wpa_cli after I run the "p2p_find" command. And when I run "p2p_connect pbc" command, I see the connect request pop-up on android phone.

But on RPi I don't see "P2P-DEVICE-FOUND" event after "p2p_find". However, near by wifi direct devices are listed when I run "p2p_peers" command on wpa_cli. I get this "P2P-DEVICE-FOUND" event on RPi only after I send the connect request to RPi from android.

Is there any configuration I am missing in wpa_supplicant?

Also I have followed https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/45451/connect-to-raspberry-pi-3-over-wi-fi-direct to boot Pi3 with Arch Linux ARM in-case there is some configuration issue on RPi OS. I tried the same experiment on Arch Linux ARM. But here also I don't get the "P2P-DEVICE-FOUND" event after I run "p2p_find" on wpa_cli.

I tried with multiple wpa_supplicant version(2.6, 2.8 & 2.9) but this behavior is same.
0 Likes
0 Replies