Murata Type 1LD : Ayla Agent

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Starlord
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

We uses 'Murata Type 1LD' module which comes with pre-loaded Ayla Cloud Agent. We were wondering whether there is any way to reprogram the module to use a custom application built using Wiced SDK (and hence removing Ayla support). We do not have access to JTAG on this unit. We do have access to serial debug console. Any help on this is highly appreciated

regards

SR

0 Likes
1 Solution
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

I can see the programmer in the below link has support for UART bootloader. We haven't tested it on our end but you can consider evaluating it for your design.

(https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html)

Thanks,

Phanindra.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

By default, the WICED build system makes use of OpenOCD scripts which would program using JTAG or FTDI. Which serial interface is being used in your design? Is it UART or SPI or some other interface?

0 Likes

We have access to UART serial interface only. Could you please let us know how we could use OpenOCD scripts to program Murata Type 1LD board without JTAG interface?

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

In the data sheet of Murata Type 1LD module, I can see pin no 18 to pin no 22 are JTAG pins. Can you clarify what do you mean by you don't have access to JTAG on the unit?

Thanks,

Phanindra

0 Likes

We know about the JTAG pins, it is not brought out from the PCB. Please note that we would have never asked this query had there is a way to access JTAG

regards

SR

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

You can build your custom application in WICED and you can consider using an external UART bootloader to program the *.elf and *.bin files that are generated as part of build process.

Thanks,

Phanindra.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Exactly this is what we are also trying to do. Could you please let us know where we could get an external UART bootloader for Type 1LD? We couldn't find any option in WICED to build a custom bootloader for this purpose

regards

SR

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

I can see the programmer in the below link has support for UART bootloader. We haven't tested it on our end but you can consider evaluating it for your design.

(https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html)

Thanks,

Phanindra.

0 Likes