How to get an interrupt from a timer on the CYW943907AEVAL1F

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BruceB
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

I am unable to get a HAL timer to interrupt on the CYW943907AEVAL1F evaluation kit. Here is my development configuration.

Operating System is Windows 10 Pro.
Eval Hardware CYW943907AEVAL1F Eval kit Has the Murata LBWA1UZ1GC Wifi module containing a Cypress CYW43907 processor.
IDE ModusToolbox V2.4.0.
Embedded RTOS FreeRTOS.
Embedded Application Based on ModusToolbox any cloud TCP_Server example.

I have three tasks running and want to be able to configure a HAL timer (type cyhal_timer_t ) to interrupt once every millisecond. I have added the code to my application that is shown in snippet 2 here: Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) (infineon.github.io)

I have tried various timer_cfg parameters and some times I can get it to initialize correctly and sometimes not. I have never been able to get it to actually call the isr_timer() function. I am able to get the LPTimer snippet 2 example to work: Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) (infineon.github.io)

The ModusToolbox Hello_World example uses the HAL timer and it is able to interrupt. The difference between it and my application is I am using FreeRTOS. What does it take to get the HAL timer to work when using FreeRTOS? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

There is only instance of timer available on 43907 chip. You can't use that timer in your application if FreeRTOS is present since that timer is used as the tick source for the FreeRTOS.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BruceB
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

The links in my original post should have been Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) (infineon.github.io) and Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) (infineon.github.io) respectively.

0 Likes
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

There is only instance of timer available on 43907 chip. You can't use that timer in your application if FreeRTOS is present since that timer is used as the tick source for the FreeRTOS.

Thanks

0 Likes