How to download test.mfg_test to CYW43907 RAM and run without SFLASH

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Max_Li
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 10 replies posted

How to download test.mfg_test to CYW43907 RAM and run without SFLASH.

By this we can set the OTP data independently .

No need download mfg_test to SFLASH to set OTP and then download the product's apllication.

Set SECURE_BIT in OTP then replance the application FW in SFLASH, it's high risk.

Regards!

Max

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @Max_Li ,

Thanks for contacting Infineon support. we are working on your query we will get back to you as  soon as possible.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G 

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi @Max_Li ,

OTP programming require mfg_test firmware. If you are planning to enable secure bit, refer section "6.5 Enable Secure Bit" in the document for which link attached below.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN214842_CYW4390X_OTP_Programming_and_Using_Secure_Boot_and_S...

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes
Max_Li
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your reply!

Like the AN mentioned in 6.5:

"Download the target application. This must be done before step 4 (power cycle), otherwise the JTAG port will be disabled and the application download will not be possible. "

There is risky before we complete download the target application and after use wl in mfg.test set SECURE_BIT.

Because this, I expect download the target application first. Then use the wl run in RAM to set SECURE_BIT at last.

I think you can understand my concern.

Regards!

Max

0 Likes
Rakesh_BG

Hi ,

Actually the suggested process compromises the devices security. 

So the current steps are secured, even if it is risky if we miss doing the steps properly.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

0 Likes