Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Is there a process to Load Pre-Compiled Firmware code into a CYW43xxx based kit?

Is this as simple as a MAKE command that skips the compile?  "<code location> download run"

If the kit is pre-programmed to accept an OTA, the firmware can be loaded Over The Air without any special hardware .

If the kit is NOT programmed to accept an OTA is there a way to load a .hex file directly into the kit (Ideally without first purchasing a debug probe).

I understand how to program the kit using a debug probe.

I also understand how to program a kit using WICED during the compile process via a MAKE with download command.

I want to distribute pre-compiled code, to protect the IP to the extent someone can't reverse compile. Does Infineon offer a "Programmer" or "Batch File commands" that can program a WiFi kit through the kit's USB programming  and debug port by using a simple USB connection to a PC?

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

There is no programmer supporting the CYW43907 and CYW54907. You can specify VERBOSE = 1 in the make target and see how the images are getting downloaded and try to list out the respective commands. Otherwise, you can consider using a debug probe.

Thanks,

Phanindra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Phanindra_I

First thing,  Are you not using the wiced build system for compiling the application firmware code and doing the compilation externally. Secondly, Is the host MCU PSoC or STM based.

If it's PSoC, then there is "Cypress Programmer" that you can use for programming.

Thanks,

Phanindra

0 Likes
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Phanindra,

Thanks for considering my question.

First thing,  Are you not using the wiced build system for compiling the application firmware code and doing the compilation externally. ==>  The WICED build system could be used to create a binary file. ModusToolbox could also be used.

Secondly, Is the host MCU PSoC or STM based. ==> In my specific case, neither. I'm targeting hostless radio silicon of CYW43907 and CYW54907.

Greg

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

There is no programmer supporting the CYW43907 and CYW54907. You can specify VERBOSE = 1 in the make target and see how the images are getting downloaded and try to list out the respective commands. Otherwise, you can consider using a debug probe.

Thanks,

Phanindra

0 Likes