CYW43907 randomly stops receiving or processing received frames

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

We are encountering random failures with products using the CYW43907 and WICED where the Reception of frames seems to be unhandled resulting in connectivity issues. From Wireless captures, everything is operating fine until application layer TCP packets stop being received and even 802.11 management and action frames appear to be missed. I have captured missed 802.11 action packets (bulk ack) being retried by the AP and  even 802.11 deauth frames being resent by the AP. Since this is happening with 802.11 management and action frames, i am thinking this looks more like a WLAN core issue.

Our devices are stationary and had great RSSI prior to the issue, and no change in the environment so it isn't RF, like the station roamed out of coverage. 

The network consist of Aruba AP's running an open network and DCHP. 

Prior to the problem, per the wireless captures, there was no AP roaming, hand-offs, or DHCP renewals occurring. 

Has anyone encountered this? These devices are running WICED 6.2.1.

0 Likes
1 Solution
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

- There are several products in the marker with 43907.  I don't think it is a generic issue and it could be due to some specific environment related issues. To analyze would need logs and/or air traces to analyze further.

- When this happens is WLAN FW alive, this can be checked by making a call to check the status. There is a status commands in test.console application. You could check the implementation of that and add similar to your app. If the status command is successful then the WLAN FW is alive.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

- There are several products in the marker with 43907.  I don't think it is a generic issue and it could be due to some specific environment related issues. To analyze would need logs and/or air traces to analyze further.

- When this happens is WLAN FW alive, this can be checked by making a call to check the status. There is a status commands in test.console application. You could check the implementation of that and add similar to your app. If the status command is successful then the WLAN FW is alive.

0 Likes