Wireless hand controllers for slotcars.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pamgb1963
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I'm looking for an electronic schematic or an application note for an infra-red remote control interface between two slot-cars and their hand controllers. It can be bluetooth, infra-red, 433MHz, or RF. It must be proporcionally linear, not simply on/off. The two hand controllers must be fully independent, operating in two different frequencies or channels.

Paulo Barbosa

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Paulo,

The application sounds like a lot of Fun. Well IR will always have the line of sight issue. I can recommend Bluetooth Low Energy. This might work out a little more expensive than IR, but then the controller could simply be a Smart Phone APP. You would not need to build a separate controller. 

How many car lanes (max) do you plan to support. We have Bluetooth LE devices for reference CYW20819 that can maintain 8 simultaneous connections and 6 PWM's Which means you could do a max of 6 Lanes. We do not have any example code showcasing this exact applications, but we do have smaller more basic codes that could be combined to achieve this functionality.

Any more details that you could share, would help us guide you better. 

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Paulo,

The application sounds like a lot of Fun. Well IR will always have the line of sight issue. I can recommend Bluetooth Low Energy. This might work out a little more expensive than IR, but then the controller could simply be a Smart Phone APP. You would not need to build a separate controller. 

How many car lanes (max) do you plan to support. We have Bluetooth LE devices for reference CYW20819 that can maintain 8 simultaneous connections and 6 PWM's Which means you could do a max of 6 Lanes. We do not have any example code showcasing this exact applications, but we do have smaller more basic codes that could be combined to achieve this functionality.

Any more details that you could share, would help us guide you better. 

Regards
Winston
0 Likes