Why does Beacon demo not run on my CYBT-483039-02?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ncampbell
Level 3
Level 3
First like given 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

I have custom HW with a CYBT-483039-02 module. I have built the LE_Beacon demo with Modus Toolbox and downloaded it to my CYW920719B2Q40EVB evaluation kit and it seems fine. I tried downloading it to my custom hardware over the HCI UART using the protocol described in the AIROC HCI Firmware Download document: I put the device into recovery mode, send a reset command, send the minidriver, erase the flash, send the SS section, send the DS section, send the launch command. For all these commands the device returns the expected response. But after the launch (or after a reset) my iPhone does not detect the expected CY BEACON or any other new bluetooth devices and the peripheral UART does not output the expected tracelog messages.

Thanks, Norm

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @ncampbell ,

The latest version of wiced studios does not have support for bluetooth and we are bot advised to suggest it to the customers. Moreover, there will be no technical support for any issue on wiced studio. Kindly go through the modules page of infineon https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/wireless-connectivity/airoc-bluetooth-le-bluetooth-multiprot... and let us knowif you can upgrade to any currently supported modules. Since you have the 20719B2 eval kit, you can look for a module based on this B2 chip.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @ncampbell ,

You are using the module in the controller mode (with external host). So in this case, you have to download an empty application in the module, and after sending reset, you have to send other HCI commands like "set local BDA", "visibility", "LE advertise" ,etc. Please refer the AIROC HCI protocol document. You shall find all this explained and all the commands and subsequent events in it.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
ncampbell
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Advait - I should explain the bigger picture. My goal is to use the CYBT as a BLE-midi server, and I have written a Modus Toolbox application that does that. It works on the evaluation kit. However it does not work on my custom hardware. But to keep things simple I downloaded the LE_Beacon demo since we know the application is correct. But I should be able to download my application (NOT an empty application) and expect it to operate as a Midi server, correct? I intend to use the peripheral UART to send the received Midi data to the MCU on the custom hardware. The HCI UART is not connected to the MCU - it's connected temporarily to a PC just so I can download the application.

Thanks, Norm

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @ncampbell ,

You are using the LE beacon application that has a support for  CYW920719B2 chip, hence it is working on the eval kit however, the  CYBT-483039-02 module is based on CYW20719B1 and it is no longer supported on MTB. Hence, it is not working. either you can use a chip that has a support for the latest stack version, or you may have to look for using the WICED studios, but the support for this environment is removed for infineon's bluetooth products.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni. 

0 Likes
ncampbell
Level 3
Level 3

I have to use the CYBT-483039-02 module. So I guess I have to use Wiced Studio. You say "support for this environment is removed" - what exactly does that mean? Is it possible to develop a BLE-Midi server using Wiced Studio? If so which version and where do I find it? Thanks.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @ncampbell ,

The latest version of wiced studios does not have support for bluetooth and we are bot advised to suggest it to the customers. Moreover, there will be no technical support for any issue on wiced studio. Kindly go through the modules page of infineon https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/wireless-connectivity/airoc-bluetooth-le-bluetooth-multiprot... and let us knowif you can upgrade to any currently supported modules. Since you have the 20719B2 eval kit, you can look for a module based on this B2 chip.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
ncampbell
Level 3
Level 3

The module based on the B2 chip is not really available - no one has stock. I understand the latest Wiced Studio does not support bluetooth but is there an older version that supports the B1? Thanks, Norm.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @ncampbell ,

I have asked our marketing team regarding providing the older wiced version, kindly give us some time and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
ncampbell
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Advait - any news? Can you tell me when you expect an answer? Thanks, Norm

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @ncampbell ,

Can you please confirm that you have received the files that I have shared?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

No I haven't. Where are they? Thanks, Norm.

0 Likes

Hi @ncampbell ,

I have shared the installer files again with you. You should have gotten a mail regarding case creation on your behalf. I have added the files in the attachments. Can you please confirm if you have received it? If not then I will send it again via mail directly.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

I got the installer files today. Got Wiced Studio 6.4 installed. I'm not sure how to convert the Midi-BLE project that I had in MTW to Wiced Studio. Also will I be able to download and test my project on a CYBT-483039-EVAL board? And how will I download the executable to the 20719-B1 module on my custom hardware? Thx.

0 Likes

Hi @ncampbell ,

There is no migration guide for an MTB project to the older wiced version. I am not sure of the complexity of your midi server project, but you can either use some existing server example in wiced to base your project on or build it in wiced from the scratch. You can also try to port it to wiced studios by comparing the structure in wiced and addition/removal of libraries. This can be doable if it is not very complex project. 
For download, you can use the AIROC fw download procedure or the CYbluetool.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
zeastom
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

I have to use the CYBT-483039-02 module. So I guess I have to use Wiced Studio. You say "support for this environment is removed" - what exactly does that mean? 

mobdro app

vidmate 2014

0 Likes