Which pin config is correct for SWD debugging

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bemale
Level 3
Level 3
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hello,

Regarding SWD debugging, I have a question about pin configuration.

I found below when I read "CYW920706WCDEVAL Evaluation Kit Hardware User Guide"

The HCI UART interface may be used for SWD debugging. When used for debugging, the normal HCI UART function may not be used. The device FW will auto-detect the presence of an SWD debugger if the SWDIO signal is connected to HCI UART pin BT_UART_RXD and the SWDCLK signal is connected to BT_UART_TXD.

However, I can check two pins for SWD is defined in make file(CYW920706WCDEVAL.mk) as following,

CY_CORE_DEFINES+=-DSWD_CLK=SWDCK_ON_P11
CY_CORE_DEFINES+=-DSWD_IO=SWDIO_ON_P15

So, I'm confusing which pin config is correct for SWD? 

1. BT_UART_RXD and BT_UART_TXD using HCI UART 

OR

2. P11 and P15 using GPIO

Could you please let me know that?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Please use option 2 for SW debugging.

Check the readme file here- https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-hal-pwm

Readme file of every code example has following note:

• CYW920706WCDEVAL: SWD debugging requires fly-wire connections. The default setup uses P15 (J22 pin 3) for SWDIO and P30 (J19 pin 2) for SWDCK. P30 is shared with BTN1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Please use option 2 for SW debugging.

Check the readme file here- https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-hal-pwm

Readme file of every code example has following note:

• CYW920706WCDEVAL: SWD debugging requires fly-wire connections. The default setup uses P15 (J22 pin 3) for SWDIO and P30 (J19 pin 2) for SWDCK. P30 is shared with BTN1.