WICED_BT_TRACE is not seen PUART COM port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Da_Vinci
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am following Chapter 6A: Classic Bluetooth – The Wireless Serial Port Profile (SPP).

I am using CYBT-343026-EVAL

I can connect lowest numbered COM port and PC BT gets connected to Cypress BT. When I press the button on board 1 MB of data is transferred.

1. When I connect to PUART COM port I cannot see any debug print messages.
  2. How to transmit data typed in console of Bluetooth terminal to Cypress module and see that data on PUART COM port
  3. Also, how to do the reverse.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Please route the debug messages to PUAART and try the same experiment. 

wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_PUART ); 

When you pair the device to your PC, you will be able to see two additional Bluetooth COM ports opened in your device manager - Incoming and Outgoing. Using teraterm you can use these port to send and receive the messages to/from the PC over SPP connection. 

When the device receive any data it will be displayed in the debug port/puart. Check spp_rx_data_callback

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Please route the debug messages to PUAART and try the same experiment. 

wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_PUART ); 

When you pair the device to your PC, you will be able to see two additional Bluetooth COM ports opened in your device manager - Incoming and Outgoing. Using teraterm you can use these port to send and receive the messages to/from the PC over SPP connection. 

When the device receive any data it will be displayed in the debug port/puart. Check spp_rx_data_callback

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Thanks Dheeraj,

In the example code that gets generated 

wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( WICED_PUART_RXD, WICED_PUART_TXD, 0, 0);

is commented out  and 

#include "wiced_hal_puart.h"

is not present. I added both and it is showing debug prints on PUART.

Is there any document or example code or tutorial that shows how to combine BLE and Classic Bluetooth in one application?

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Please check the below document. Page: 19 (Merge SPP and Hello Sensor Application Samples)

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN223400_Getting_Started_with_EZ-BT_WICED_Modules-Application...

Note: The document is written for WICED SDK, not for Modustoolbox. But you can get an overall idea of what to do while creating a Classic+BLE application. If you have any ask in any step, please ask here, we can help you.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K