Undefined reference to functions in "wiced_bt_hidd_ble"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rko7454
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First reply posted

I am trying to send HID report over GATT profile for which I am using the functions declared in  "wiced_bt_hidd_ble.h" (btstack-v3.7.0). I get undefined reference (link error) when I use the functions like "wiced_bt_hidd_ble_register" defined in the header. It is difficult to find the definition of these functions as the source are static compiled .a files.

I would like to understand if these functions are to be defined by the user or if these functions are deprecated.

MTB 3.0, btstack-v3.7.0

0 Likes
1 Solution
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @rko7454 

Sorry for the delayed response..

This is the bug so we have reported to the concerned team they might fix this issue soon.so for now you can try out this reference code example which were developed for other part.

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-btstack-freertos-cyw20829-keyboard

Thank you for reporting this issue..

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
PratikshaV

Hi @rko7454 

I will check at my end get back to you soon on this.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes
PratikshaV

Hi @rko7454 

Hi please can you give me the full description of the error which you are getting and also let me know how you are using "wiced_bt_hidd_ble_register" in your code.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes

/* btstack */
#include "wiced_bt_stack.h"
#include "wiced_bt_hidd_ble.h"

keyboard_reg_info.app_cback = keyboard_sim;  //this function is defined
keyboard_reg_info.dev_info = keyboard_dev_info; //this structure is defined
memcpy(keyboard_reg_info.host_addr, bda, sizeof(bda)); //bda is the bluetooth device address

hid_status = wiced_bt_hidd_ble_register(&keyboard_reg_info); //throws error

error description:
c:/users/username/modustoolbox/tools_3.0/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:/Users/username/bluetooth/Keyboard_HID/build/APP_CY8CPROTO-062S3-4343W/Debug/main.o: in function `app_bt_management_callback':
C:\Users\username\bluetooth\Keyboard_HID/main.c:250: undefined reference to `wiced_bt_hidd_ble_register'

Also there is a #include "hiddefs.h" in "wiced_bt_hidd_ble.h" which is not defined.
0 Likes
PratikshaV

Hi @rko7454 

Sorry for the delayed response..

This is the bug so we have reported to the concerned team they might fix this issue soon.so for now you can try out this reference code example which were developed for other part.

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-btstack-freertos-cyw20829-keyboard

Thank you for reporting this issue..

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes