Try to understand "HelloSensor" example in ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Dobre
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Good day!

I use CYBT-353027-EVAL. Work in ModusToolbox. In WBT101-04A-BLE-Basic.pdf (4A.4.1 Bluetooth Configurator) it is said how to use Bluetooth Configurator in new application (when trying Empty_BTSDK_App). This utility is useful to create GATT structure and I can get cycfg_gatt_db.c and cycfg_gatt_db.h in GeneratedSource folder. But what I can do if I try HelloSensor? Bluetooth Configurator utility offers me to create a new configuration and I don't have GeneratedFolder in template HelloSensor example. I would like to change GATT structure a little.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Best regards,

Dobre

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

The demo code is not generated from the bluetooth configurator. So you can't find the generated files and change it by bluetooth configurator. You may create your own application if you want to use it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123

In the hello_sensor demo,  the database is defined in parameter hello_sensor_gatt_database.

I would recommend to change the code directly if you only need change it a little.

0 Likes

In WBT101-04A-BLE-Basic.pdf page 16 is stated "... You should not modify the generated code by hand – any changes should be done by re-running the Bluetooth Configurator."

Is there any convenient way how to change GATT using Bluetooth Configurator? Thanks!

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123

The demo code is not generated from the bluetooth configurator. So you can't find the generated files and change it by bluetooth configurator. You may create your own application if you want to use it.

0 Likes