Simultaneous BLE peripheral and BT master roles

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bpeavey
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I have an IoT project for a client where I need to connect to a phone as a BLE peripheral.  While connected to the phone over BLE, I need to scan for a new connection to a Bluetooth Classic device, connect, and communicate with this device.  Do any Cypress dual-mode Bluetooth modules support simultaneous BLE and Bluetooth Classic connections?

Thanks!

Brian

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Experiments showed that at least CYW20706 (a Cypress dual-mode Bluetooth device) supports simultaneous BLE and BR/EDR connections.

It can have one BLE connection (GATT) and one BR/EDR connection (A2DP) at the same time. Each connection works as a standalone connection.

Best regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Charles_Lai

Hi,

Experiments showed that at least CYW20706 (a Cypress dual-mode Bluetooth device) supports simultaneous BLE and BR/EDR connections.

It can have one BLE connection (GATT) and one BR/EDR connection (A2DP) at the same time. Each connection works as a standalone connection.

Best regards

0 Likes
bpeavey
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks for the information Charles!  I'm looking closer at the CYW20719.  I'm assuming this would also be able to support simultaneous connections as well?

Brian

0 Likes
Charles_Lai

Yes.

0 Likes