Simple Bluetooth connection

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm working on CYBT353027-02 Bluetooth module. I'm using  "AIROC Bluetooth Test and Debug Tool" to communicate with module. At first I used default firmware that came with Bluetooth module in which I was able to set the module discoverable but when tried to connect it using my smartphone it's getting disconnected saying "Remote User Terminated Connection" from debug tool refer Screenshot(25). After going through the forums, the general advice was to update to latest firmware. 

So I downloaded the latest "Infineon-ez_serial_cybt_353027_fw_image_1.2.29-Software-v01_00-EN" firmware using "https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/search.html#!view=all&term=ez-serial"  link. and after extracting used the following files

Minidriver file I selected "ezserial_353027-CYBT_353027_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex" ,

Config file "A_20703A2-ezserial_343026_release-rom-ram-spar.cgs",

Firmware file "ezserial_343026_release-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release.hex"

But the fw_image zip didn't contain any .btp file so I downloaded .btp from "https://github.com/Infineon/TARGET_CYBT-353027-EVAL"   

After selecting all necessary file when  program button was clicked, it showed some error which is referred in screenshot(1). So I unchecked config file and clicked program button. During the flashing process, error ( as referred to in Screenshot(2)) occurs . I am not sure if this completes the firmware upgrade process.

Trying to set the Module in discoverable mode, The command responds with success but it is not discoverable in my smartphone.

Don't know how to proceed further.?

Thanks in advance

Adarsh Maurya

0 Likes
1 Solution
6 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Do you want to test the ez-serial function or the RF test?

0 Likes
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2

1) What is the difference between both of them.?

2) Our main objective is to integrate CYBT-353027-02 Bluetooth module with our MCU and Bluetooth module should connect with the smartphone via classic bluetooth.

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

"AIROC Bluetooth Test and Debug Tool" is used for RF and certification test.

If you want to test the EZ-Serial FW for application usage, you can use a UART tool on your PC to control the module.

You can get the EZ-Serial user guide here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/gated-document/ez-serial-wiced-firmware-platform-user-guide-...

0 Likes

Hello @Owen_Zhang123 

I have followed that ez-serial-wiced-firmware user guide you shared. But when I connect the eval board in real-Term I'm not getting any data. Is it because of the error I faced while flashing (mentioned in Screenshot(2)). If it is how to factory reset the Bluetooth module.?

0 Likes
AdarshMaurya
Level 2
Level 2

I have Cypress CYBT-353027-02 Eval board with me. Right now I want to set this Bluetooth module in discoverable mode and connect to it using my smartphone.

How do I achieve this..? Which firmware I need to upload.?

0 Likes
0 Likes