SPP on CYBT-353027-EVAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Phil54321
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm trying to get started with the RFCOMM_Serial_Port SPP example application on the CYBT-353027-EVAL board. I am able to pair Bluetooth devices but I cannot establish a serial connection on the Bluetooth connected device. I have tried using Puty on Linux, Tera Term, Hyperterm, and direct dos commands on Windows, Serial on a Mac and various apps on android phone such as Terminal, but to no avail. All come back with various forms of  'Connection Failed', but all can see the Bluetooth assigned serial port.

I am running Modus Toolbox 2.4, on a Linux Mint PC. The other two RFCOMM examples (OPP and PBAP) I couldnt get working either, the PBAP application crashes the evaluation kit altogether, and can no longer be programmed using the IDE built in programmer, I have to follow the recovery procedure and program the unit with  ChipLoad with different firmware to get it responding again.

I have not modified any of the example applications, just created them using the 'New Application' option and selected the various example apps as a test template to work from.

2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @Phil54321 

Have you tried with multiple EVAl boards? 

Can you please share the complete logs ? 

Regards,
Anjana 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Phil54321
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

Hi Anjana,

I only have the one EVAl board,

I have attached a log of two connection attempts.

Regards,

Phil

0 Likes