RAM overflow in BLE Bootloader example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Astronix
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

I'm trying to build CE216767 - PSoC6 MCU with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Connectivity Bootloader, which I just downloaded from the tool.

I'm using PSoC Creator 4.3 with PDL 3.0.3

When I build the project I get the following errors:

• Build error: region RAM overflowed with stack
  • Build error: region `ram_app0_core0' overflowed by 4560 bytes

I tried adjusting the size of the RAM region in the linker scripts for the CM0 and CM4 cores and then running clean/build, but this seems to have no impact. I'm kind of lost here, I'm not very knowledgeable with linker scripts. Help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please refer to the attached code example project. Please increase the size of ram_app0_core0 in the linker scripts.
Please let me know if this works. If you are still facing the issue, then please share your project for testing at our end.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please refer to the attached code example project. Please increase the size of ram_app0_core0 in the linker scripts.
Please let me know if this works. If you are still facing the issue, then please share your project for testing at our end.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach

When I try to build app001 in the workspace you sent, I get an error saying that it is missing dfu/cy_dfu.h.

I attached the project I am trying to build. I tried editing cy8c6xx7_cm0plus.ld and cy8c6xx7_cm4_dual.ld to increase the size of RAM, which appears to be aliased to ram_app0_core0. This change is having no effect for me, though.

0 Likes
lock attach
Yugandhar

Hello,

Could you please check whether you have enabled the DFU Core in the building settings as shown in pdl.PNG image.
Please check the custom linker script path in the building settings and do the modifications in those linker files.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes