PSOC 6 CYBLE-416045 Antenna near wireless charging coil

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yes_its_garen
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi, I am currently designing a PCB where I am using the PSOC6 as the main MCU. The project is a BLE temperature sensor, it is battery powered by an 18650 LI Ion cell, and has a wireless charging circuit built in (using the bq51050b). 

While carefully reading the "CYBLE-416045-02 EZ-BLE™ Creator Module" datasheet, I noticed in page 11 that their are precautions placing the BLE Antenna on the PCB, in order not to lose any signal strength.

All the instructions and recommendations were very clear, well I wonder if the wireless charging coil with its ferrite shield that I am using, which is planned to be glued on top of the sensor enclosure (about 1 cm near of the BLE antenna), would it affect/Block the BLE signal?

If so, what design considerations shall I take? 

Garen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Never place any component, planes, mounting screws, or traces in the antenna keep-out area across all layers. The actual keep-out area depends on the antenna used.
Please refer to the section '12 Guidelines for Antenna Placement, Enclosure, and Ground Plane' in Antenna Design and RF Layout Guideline datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Never place any component, planes, mounting screws, or traces in the antenna keep-out area across all layers. The actual keep-out area depends on the antenna used.
Please refer to the section '12 Guidelines for Antenna Placement, Enclosure, and Ground Plane' in Antenna Design and RF Layout Guideline datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.