OTA and Low-power implementation (Deepsleep or hibernate)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jiabin
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First solution authored

Hi, 

I am developing a low-power application using CY8CKIT-062-BLE board.

I followed the application note "PSoC 6 MCU Device Firmware Update Software Development Kit Guide" (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN213924_PSoC_6_MCU_Device_Firmware_Update_Software_Developme... ) and configured a "map A"  BLE DFU Memory Maps.

Jiabin_1-1649682114160.png

In the Application #1, I write the following function as the immediate alert service's event handler:

Jiabin_0-1649679956258.png

After Application #1 was successfully updated (the BLE name changed when I discovered it in Cysmart), I write a number 2 into the ISA service using Cysmart. Then, the BLE is disconnected, however, when I search device again, the BLE name of Application #1 was discovered. So, seems the system could not keep in the hibernate mode (no wake-up signal was applied).

Another phenomenon I observed is: In Application #1,  I only call Cy_SysPm_DeepSleep(CY_SYSPM_WAIT_FOR_INTERRUPT)" in the for(;;) loop both in CM0 and CM4, the power consumption is about 400 uA, which is not as low as the manual(about tens μA). By simple calculation, if CM0 works at 4 MHz, CM4 works at 8 MHz, then the power consumption is about 400 uA. Seems the CM0 and CM4 are halted, but they are not working at 32KHz.

My questions are:

• Does the Application #0 (DFU application)'s configuration affect the execution of Application #1's low-power API? 
  • Are there any points that I should pay attention to when I implement the low-power application with the DFU Memory Maps.

Thank you very much for your patience to read my question!!

Any suggestions and hints are highly appreciated!

Sincerely!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Q) Does the Application #0 (DFU application)'s configuration affect the execution of Application #1's low-power API?
Ans: No, it doesn't affect the execution of Application 1's low power API. Please refer to the 'PSoC 6 MCU low-power modes and power reduction techniques' datasheet for more information on low power implementation techniques.

Q) Are there any points that I should pay attention to when I implement the low-power application with the DFU Memory Maps.
Ans: No, you can implement the low power mode like in any other application.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Q) Does the Application #0 (DFU application)'s configuration affect the execution of Application #1's low-power API?
Ans: No, it doesn't affect the execution of Application 1's low power API. Please refer to the 'PSoC 6 MCU low-power modes and power reduction techniques' datasheet for more information on low power implementation techniques.

Q) Are there any points that I should pay attention to when I implement the low-power application with the DFU Memory Maps.
Ans: No, you can implement the low power mode like in any other application.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

Hi @Yugandhar 

Thank you very much for your information!!!

I am relieved with the implementation of OTA.

Best,

Jiabin

0 Likes