Not receiving notifications from Server

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Da_Vinci
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I am using CYBT-343026-EVAL.
I am following CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/PDFs/WBT101-04D-BLE-Central.pdf, in this I was able to get read/write commands working. I am not able to receive notifications from server. On server every time button is pressed it sends a count value. I am using function wiced_bt_util_set_gatt_client_config_descriptor() to enable the notifications but they are not getting set on server. This function triggers the GATT_OPERATION_CPLT_EVT but no notifications are received. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @Da_Vinci ,

Can you check the following points?

1. Check if the API wiced_bt_util_set_gatt_client_config_descriptor returns WICED_BT_GATT_SUCCESS

2. Did you receive a Write request in the server side after you sent wiced_bt_util_set_gatt_client_config_descriptor ? Notifications are enabled by sending a write request from the client side. 

3.  Did you receive the Write response event at the client side?  This should be seen in  GATT_OPERATION_CPLT_EVT event at the client side with opcode GATTC_OPTYPE_WRITE 

4. Check if you have used the correct CCCD handle while trying to enable notifications.

5. Are you able to connect your peripheral to CySmart App and enable notifications and get the notification data on button press events.

6. Ensure that you have used the right CCCD handle value.

7. Compare your example project with the demo project provided and check if there are issues 

https://github.com/Infineon/CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/tree/master/Projects/ch04d/key_ch04d_ex04_con...

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @Da_Vinci ,

Can you check the following points?

1. Check if the API wiced_bt_util_set_gatt_client_config_descriptor returns WICED_BT_GATT_SUCCESS

2. Did you receive a Write request in the server side after you sent wiced_bt_util_set_gatt_client_config_descriptor ? Notifications are enabled by sending a write request from the client side. 

3.  Did you receive the Write response event at the client side?  This should be seen in  GATT_OPERATION_CPLT_EVT event at the client side with opcode GATTC_OPTYPE_WRITE 

4. Check if you have used the correct CCCD handle while trying to enable notifications.

5. Are you able to connect your peripheral to CySmart App and enable notifications and get the notification data on button press events.

6. Ensure that you have used the right CCCD handle value.

7. Compare your example project with the demo project provided and check if there are issues 

https://github.com/Infineon/CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/tree/master/Projects/ch04d/key_ch04d_ex04_con...

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hello Bragadeesh,

1. Yes, WICED_BT_GATT_SUCCESS is returned
  2. No
  3. Yes
  4. Yes
  5. Yes, it works with CySmart App
  6. This must be the issue
  7. Demo project is for CYW920819EVB-02 kit but still I checked

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @Da_Vinci , If it works with CySmart, then the issue could be in the CCCD handle. can you let us know which is your peripheral device?

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hello Bragadeesh,

Yes the issue was with the CCCD handle. I am using SiLabs MGM210P as peripheral device.

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

@Da_Vinci , If possible please share the HCI logs at the client side using BTSPy. You can refer the following document to know how to get HCI logs from BTSpy.

https://github.com/Infineon/CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/blob/master/PDFs/WBT101-05-Debugging.pdf

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes