Need information regarding CYBT-343026-01 bluetooth module usage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
advait
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

In our schematic CYBT-343026-01 is connected to host processor over UART and GPIOs. Only UART Rx/Tx are connected, RTS/CTS are not connected. Basically in the schematic, only 4 pins are connected between host processor and BT module XRES, GPIO_1, UART_TXD and UART_RXD.

Host processor is Cortex-M based controller running FreeRTOS.

Below are my questions,

1. Are UART_RTS and UART_CTS connections mandatory for this module to work?

2. From where I can find the bluetooth stack which I can run on my host processor?

3. Can I find any examples to use the bluetooth stack?

4. I want to run modbus over Bluetooth so most probably I will need serial port profile (SPP) support, can I find example for that?

Please point me to the right direction regarding tools and stack to be used so I can start the development.

Thanks for your support.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Yes, the CTS and RTS is mandatory.

2. From where I can find the bluetooth stack which I can run on my host processor?

You should select the bluetooth stack based on your host MCU.

Same with the last question, you should find the example based on your host MCU.

4. I want to run modbus over Bluetooth so most probably I will need serial port profile (SPP) support, can I find example for that?

The Modus only support the application+host+controller mode. If you only use the controller, you don't need to use Modus.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123

Are you going to run the module in HCI mode? 

Or you will run the application + host + controller on the module?

0 Likes

This module is connected to external microcontroller over UART. I want to run my applications on external microcontroller and not on module itself, so most probably I need HCI mode.

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123

Yes, the CTS and RTS is mandatory.

You should select the bluetooth stack based on your host MCU.

Same with the last question, you should find the example based on your host MCU.

The Modus only support the application+host+controller mode. If you only use the controller, you don't need to use Modus.

0 Likes

What is the method to run the module in HCI mode? Will it by default run in HCI mode? Required firmware will be part of the module by default to make it run in HCI mode?

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123

You need to download a FW to the module first. Please refer to the following KBA:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Resource-Library/Run-CYW20706-in-HCI-Mode/ta-p/246397

0 Likes