Linux Bluetooth Classic Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

What guidance is available to utilize existing Linux drivers to interface with Infineon Classic capable Bluetooth CYBT modules?

The Drivers I’ve found appear to focus on WiFi:

The Linux and Android Technical Brief implies the Drivers are coming soon, "For those of you wishing to leverage the Cypress Bluetooth Stack in a hosted configuration, as a BlueZ or Android alternative, you will have to wait a few more months while our software engineering teams cook up the best, portable solution for your IoT applications." Note: I asked for this in a separate post – although I mistakenly asked for the Hosted Bluetooth Stack rather than the Linux Bluetooth Driver. Ref “Bluetooth Hosted Stack” @ https://community.infineon.com/t5/AIROC-Bluetooth/Bluetooth-Hosted-Stack/td-p/352641

The Tech Brief also implies more is coming with the statement, "Soon, we will be releasing the Linux and Android software artifacts on GitHub rather than in a tarball format to further ease your use and adoption." Again, here I’ve found only WiFi support @ https://github.com/Infineon/ifx-linux-wireless

The main function I’d like to implement with an Infineon Bluetooth Module is SPP over the Bluetooth Classic radio.

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Tushar_b
100 replies posted First like given 25 solutions authored

Hi Greg,

Agree!

Unfortunately, as of now we do not have Linux support other than BlueZ.

We would recommend using BlueZ for CYW20706 and CYW20735 devices.

We do have a plan of releasing the dedicated Linux stack however, it is in a development stage and unable to commit on the exact release timeline.  

Regards,

Tushar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi @GrCa_1363456 

Can you please confirm which Infineon Bluetooth device you are using?  

BT stack for linux platforms for specific chipsets are in progress. I will check the release details and will update you. If you can confirm the device which you are using, then we can confirm the details. 

The other option is to use Bluez .

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes

Anjana,

Which device(s) do you recommend?

I have not yet selected a device. I want to replace a TI CC2564, but need Linux driver support for SPP to do so.

Greg

0 Likes
Tushar_b

Hi Greg,

As per provided details, I would recommend going for CYW54591 (2x2 Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) + Bluetooth® 5.1 combo).

Yes, Linux driver support is offered for the suggested device.

Do let us know if any information is required from our end.

Regards,

Tushar

0 Likes
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Tushar,

Thanks for pointing out the WiFi/BLE products that Infineon also offers.

I'm specifically looking for a Bluetooth only radio with Linux support. Does Infineon have a Bluetooth only radio that supports Bluetooth Classic with a Linux driver?

Anjana mentioned Linux support for Bluetooth radios is in progress. I'm assuming she was referring to Linux support for Bluetooth only radios.

There are two Bluetooth radios that are appealing in functionality: CYW20706 and CYW20735. Is Linux support (other than Blue Z) in development for either of these radios?

Thanks for your support.

Greg

0 Likes
Tushar_b

Hi Greg,

Agree!

Unfortunately, as of now we do not have Linux support other than BlueZ.

We would recommend using BlueZ for CYW20706 and CYW20735 devices.

We do have a plan of releasing the dedicated Linux stack however, it is in a development stage and unable to commit on the exact release timeline.  

Regards,

Tushar

0 Likes

Tushar,

Is it possible to see a table that clarifies which radios have Linux Driver support now and which are in development?

I have a new request for a Linux Driver for CYBT-413055-02. If a table can't be provided, please let me know status of any Linux driver for CYBT radios or CYBT-413055-02 in particular.

Greg

0 Likes

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately, we do not have Linux driver support for the standalone BT devices CYBT-413055-02.

However, we do have Linux driver support for the combo devices (Wifi + BT).

Link => https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/wireless-connectivity/airoc-wi-fi-plus-bluetooth-combos/

Regards,

Tushar

0 Likes