J-Link debug problem with CYW920706

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bemale
Level 3
Level 3
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Dear Cy,

I would like to debug my CYW920706 board with J-Link plus debugger.

For this, I've changed makefile to enable "ENABLE_DEBUG?=1" and checked "J-Link GDB Server" connected to the target.

After that, I've clicked "Attach_JLink" in MTB IDE.  I found J-Link connected correctly and it read all of register values via Console.

However, I couldn't any debug information from Debug window like following picture.

What's wrong here? How can I  see correct debug information and display of source level.

bemale_0-1625550712104.png

BR,

Jace

0 Likes
1 Solution
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Have you checked that the GPIOs related to J-Link were not reconfigured during the startup? Or it could scramble the signals and result in false debug information.

Best regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

The attached is describing how to use J-link on 20706 evb board, hope it can help you.

0 Likes

Hi Zhang,

I followed the docs you attached and refer to "Hardware Debugging for CYW207xx and CYW208xx.pdf" also.

But, same problem happened still as following. J-Link was connected properly, but target was halted at "0x6a88e" not at "BUSY_WAIT_TILL_MANUAL_CONTINUE_IF_DEBUG_ENABLED" as commented in your docs. So, I couldn't see any source code and the "spar_debug_continue" variable either.

I think it's a reproducible issue because I'm using cypress's reference EVB(CYW920706), SEGGER J-Link Plus as recommended, and very simple "Empty_BTSDK_App" example to clarify this problem. couldn't find which is wrong configuration from my setup.

Would you please look into it again with your setup?

bemale_0-1625702985889.png

0 Likes
bemale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

Here is an additional info regarding this issue,

I think "0x6a88e" point is a boot ROM area, so assumed that target should be stopped at  "BUSY_WAIT_TILL_MANUAL_CONTINUE_IF_DEBUG_ENABLED" If I select Resume.

But, I can see below error message from Disassembly menu

deadbeee: Failed to execute MI command:
-data-disassemble -s 3735928558 -e 3735928638 -- 3
Error message from debugger back end:
Cannot access memory at address 0xdeadbeee

Do you know about this error and give me a solution to avoid it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Have you checked that the GPIOs related to J-Link were not reconfigured during the startup? Or it could scramble the signals and result in false debug information.

Best regards

Hi,

the GPIOs related to SWD debugging are P11 and P15, and it's configured by "ENABLE_DEBUG" definition in makefile. So, I can say I defined the "ENABLE_DEBUG" in makefile to enable J-Link debugging stuff and these GPIOs should be configured in "sparinit.c" at boot time.

I've checked again if I reconfigure these pins for my purpose at beginning but I confirmed I don't use these pins because it's assigned to SWD debugging purpose already from my first plan.

BR,

0 Likes
bemale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I found a HW problem on SWD pins. I've checked J-Link debugger's working properly after removing it.

Thanks for your support.

BR 

0 Likes