Issues with ClientControl Windows application not enabling UI when opening port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChrisLingwoodKM
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hello,

I have purchased the CYBT-353027-EVAL board and I am using the ModusToolbox IDE. I can flash the unit and I am running the LE_Hello_Sensor application on the board.

With this installed the unit is visible by both phones and the PC and I have paired it with the PC.

When trying to connect to it with the ClientControl application which is installed on my PC I set the COM port to COM12(I have tried 13 also) which is one of the two COM ports created with the insertion of the device. I also use 115200 as this is the value of HCI_UART_DEFAULT_BAUD.

Screenshot 2023-01-12 110127.png

When I hit "Open Port" the tabbed area and Discovery elements of the UI never activate. 

Do I need to install further drivers? It states in the documentation that it usually enumerates to "WICED HCI UART" and I feel this could be indicative of having driver issues.

I have checked the other post asking about this and have checked the Baud Rate matches and it does.

Thank you,

Chris L

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @ChrisLingwoodKM ,

I tried the loop back example and it is working at my end. You might be using the incorrect port. It will create two com ports, one of them is for PUART and the other for HCI UART. Try with each of them and one of them (HCI UART) should work and allow you to start and stop the test packets. If both the uart ports are not working, then it could be incomplete installation of MTB itself and you might have to re-install it. Kindly check and let me know.

Also make sure that when you open the port, you are getting discoverable, connectable, etc. logs in the client control.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni 

Thanks and regards,

Advait

View solution in original post

4 Replies
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @ChrisLingwoodKM ,

The LE hello sensor app is intended to be a standalone application. Hence, it does not have any function that deals with WICED HCI commands (from the host or client control). However, if you wish to use client control and the wiced hci commands, add a function similar to " hci_control_process_rx_cmd" function from the project link below, and also refer the structure and the code for responding to these commands: https://github.com/Infineon/CypressAcademy_BT101_Files/blob/master/Projects/ch05/key_ch05_ex02_hci/a...

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply Advait.

I will give this a go however I feel like something else may be up due to the ClientControl application not functioning with the Test_HCI_Loopback program either despite its usage being stated as step two in the instructions.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

Hi @ChrisLingwoodKM ,

I tried the loop back example and it is working at my end. You might be using the incorrect port. It will create two com ports, one of them is for PUART and the other for HCI UART. Try with each of them and one of them (HCI UART) should work and allow you to start and stop the test packets. If both the uart ports are not working, then it could be incomplete installation of MTB itself and you might have to re-install it. Kindly check and let me know.

Also make sure that when you open the port, you are getting discoverable, connectable, etc. logs in the client control.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni 

Thanks and regards,

Advait

ChrisLingwoodKM
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Thanks Advait, this looks to have solved this issues I was having. It was indeed the other port (Which I had tried but at a different speed which had caused me to erroneously discount it)

Thank you so much!

Chris

0 Likes