Is there any standalone programming tools using USB for Wireless board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bemale
Level 3
Level 3
100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm using MTB to download/debug application for CYW920706 and MTB supports target programming in this tool itself.

It's a good process for me so far.

But, I think I need a standalone programming tool using USB/UART to check the state of HW functionality when I build a new board with CYW20706 chip.

Is there any standalone programming tool for this use case?

Thanks~ 

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @bemale ,

If you are looking for a PC application to program the WICED chips, then you can use the Cypress Programmer to do this. Please let me know if this works for you.

https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @bemale ,

If you are looking for a PC application to program the WICED chips, then you can use the Cypress Programmer to do this. Please let me know if this works for you.

https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-programming-solutions

Regards,
Bragadeesh

Hi,

I think this tool needs a probe HW like MiniProg4 for programming, right?

I asked about "standalone programming tool can flash CYW920706 via USB/UART interface".

Could you please answer me if you have these kinds of tools or not?

Thanks~

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @bemale , I'm not sure if I understand your question. You can program the CYW20706 using the HCI port which requires a UART interface. The host tool could be another MCU or PC application. In case it is a PC application, you require a USB to UART bridge in between. Cypress programmer doesn't mandate to use only Miniprog4, you can use any USB to UART bridge to program using Cypress programmer as done using our EVAL kits. 

If this doesn't answer your question, kindly clarify what you mean by programming tool for flashing using USB/ UART interface. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

You're right. My board had a problem in EEPROM of FTDI and Programmer couldn't get right HCI_PROT at that time. It's working after fixing it with some soldering.

thanks for your support~

0 Likes