IR tx not stop after release the power key

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I am using CYW20835PB1KML1GGF Chip

When I pressed Power key, IR Led on and data transmit but not stopper after release the power key.

I upload the HID_LE_REMOTE example.

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @dheeraj20231 ,

I checked with our development team, they have said that the current example just has a GPIO toggling for demonstration. Also, the IR cannot be stopped in the middle of frame as part of the protocol. The lower layer driver does not callback for completion until the entire frame (given database) is transmitted.

In case you want to implement the IR stop function, you need to look at application's IR sending function to determine how to stop IR.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @dheeraj20231 ,

I tested the application with 20835M2EVB-01 and client control and it is working correctly. Can you please tell me which eval board you are using and what it the device you are using for testing with our chip as the remote control?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Advait,
Thanks for the reply.
I am using AIROC CYBE 343072 EVAL_M2B Evaluation kit, I run the SDK example HID LE remote and When I pressed the Sw3 user button, the IR transmitted but did not stop. I also check in the firmware, I am not getting appirtx_irtx_complete() call back function.

For Remote control side,  I was using  IR receiver.  I got the signal in RX receiver side but this signal not stopper from BLE chip side and I also saw IR TX led was continuous ON in the mobile camera. 

I have also 20835 evaluation kit, let me do same thing and I will update to you?

0 Likes
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

I also Run  "HID LE Remote" example on  20835 Evaluation kit and also choose 20835 BSP package. When Pressed the IR button using client control , first IR start function called but IR stop /IR complete call back function not called.Please find the some images.

dheeraj20231_0-1678087449910.png

dheeraj20231_1-1678087820209.png

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @dheeraj20231 ,

I meant to ask what hardware remote are you using? For the IR, you need to enable "ENABLE_IR" in the make file. (or you can set ENABLE_IR_DEFAULT=1). And in the readme we have mentioned that: "The option requires actual demo remote hardware to be functional. A sample dummy IR protocol is used. The developer will need to decide and implement the actual IR protocol."

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @advait_kulkarni ,

1) We made custom hardware remote PCB and I also enable IR in the makefile .

2) I have IR Transmit led in our  hardware and this IR led was turn on when I pressed the key was define for it.  but I have only problem is  IR led transmission was not stopped after start.

3) IR protocol need to be developed but we got already some Frame data on IR tx line, So this IR frame implementation is not required right now.

Thanks and regards,

Dheeraj Chokse

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @dheeraj20231 ,

Did you try enabling/uncommenting the IR stop function in the code with your custom remote? That function is making IR.repeat as 0, meaning it will no longer repeat the frames (LED as ON). If it is not working despite that, I will go through the code to track the issue.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni.

0 Likes
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

Yes, I also enabling/uncommenting the IR stop function in the code with my custom remote.

IR_stop function called but IR transmission not stopped.

Thanks and regards,

Dheeraj Chokse

0 Likes
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1

@advait_kulkarni  Have you get the chance to look into the code ? If anything testing required for my side let me know, I will do the changes and back to you.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @dheeraj20231 ,

I checked with our development team, they have said that the current example just has a GPIO toggling for demonstration. Also, the IR cannot be stopped in the middle of frame as part of the protocol. The lower layer driver does not callback for completion until the entire frame (given database) is transmitted.

In case you want to implement the IR stop function, you need to look at application's IR sending function to determine how to stop IR.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
dheeraj20231
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @advait_kulkarni 

Thanks for the response. Could you please guide me How to make IR sending functionality to determine how to stop IR?

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @dheeraj20231 ,

Currently, we don't have the implementation of the IR tx stop. Are you working on this? Let us know if you have faced any queries here.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes