I can't reset CYW920719Q40EVB-01 by CyBluetool software

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qzy_4727816
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

Now, I can't reset CYW920719Q40EVB-01 by CyBluetool software. What's the problem will be?

I can Build & Download Applications via WICED Studio. Is it causing  the board can't be connected with cybluetool after downloading a program by WICED Studio?

What should I do?

0 Likes
11 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @qzy_4727816 ,

Can you please send us the log of the CyBluetool software when you tried to reset? Can you ensure that you have chosen the HCI port for communication in the CyBluetool? Also, did you try the recovery procedure and try again?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

The log of the CyBluetool software after I reseting as follows. And I ensure that I have chosen the HCI port for communication in the CyBluetool. Finaly, how to do the recovery procedure?

Regards,
qzy

0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

The log of the CyBluetool software after I reseting as follows.

qzy_4727816_0-1619787959861.png

Thank you.

qzy

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @qzy_4727816 ,

It says COM3 in your port screen. Below is the screenshot, when no device is connected to my system. 

BragadeeshV_0-1619799842593.png

After I connect my 20719 EVAL kit, I get the COM ports (HCI - com30 and PUART - com31) of the kit as follows:

BragadeeshV_1-1619800043995.png

In my case, I need to choose COM 30 in CyBluetool. Can you check and share a snapshot of the device manager with your kit connected?

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

After I connect my 20719 EVAL kit, I get the COM ports (HCI - com3 and PUART - com4) of the kit as follows snapshot. And I choose the HCI - com3 to connect my 20719 EVAL kit at the CyBluetool software.

qzy_4727816_0-1620223699224.png

Regards,
qzy

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @qzy_4727816 ,

Can you try the recovery procedure and try again?

Press and hold the 'Recover' button on the kit.

Press and hold the 'Reset' button on the kit.

Release the 'Reset' button.

After one second, release the 'Recover' button.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

Now, I try the recovery procedure and try again. As you can see, I can 'Reset' the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 successfully.  But the board just can be reset once, can't be reset one more time or send any other command ( like Write_Scan_Enable ).

This problem as follows snapshot.

qzy_4727816_0-1620299743141.png

In this case, do I have to download a specific program through WICED software? And Which demo should be downloaded to the CYW920719Q40EVB? I have try some demos, but it can't work out.

qzy_4727816_1-1620300127203.png

Regards,

qzy

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @qzy_4727816 ,

It is not required to send the reset command before sending a new command. It is enough to call the reset command only once. It is not required for you to download any program to the kit. The chip will already have the BT controller  stack that is present in the device ROM.  CyBluetool connects to Bluetooth devices at the Host
Controller Interface (HCI) protocol layer. The tool allows you to send Bluetooth (BT) HCI commands and receive BT HCI events from the BT controller of connected devices.

Any application from the WICED will have the BT host also running on the device, which is not required when you are testing the device with CyBluetool.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Now, I can send the reset command only once when I have done the recovery procedure, but can't send other commands.  Does that mean my board's BT controller function is damaged and the board can't work well anymore?

Could you give me  some solutions to recover the board's BT controller function? Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,

qzy

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @qzy_4727816 ,

Can you first try to load an simple example project such as "Hello Sensor" from the WICED studio and test if the kit works without any issues? Please check the user guide to know how to take a code example and program the kit. 

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719q40evb-01-evaluation-kit

Also, please share with us the list of commands you are trying to send to the controller from the CyBluetool. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @qzy_4727816 ,

We are locking this thread due to inactivity for more than  3 weeks. Please feel free to create a new thread if the issue is still not resolved.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes