Host MCU controls CYBT-483056-02 module through UART

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jmkjegadees
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I connected External Host MCU to CYBT-483056-02 module thru UART lines and like to transfer serial data using CYSPP mode. 

XRES of CYBT-483056-02 set to High, CYSPP pin set to High for put into command mode.

When I Reset the module and monitor the UART_TX pin using an oscilloscope during the boot process. If the module boots normally, the system_boot (BOOT, ID=2/1) API event should occur but I couldn't see any response & event from UART_TX pin. When I send /RFAC command from Host MCU, I am not getting any response from CYBT-483056-02 module. Is there any settings / configurations on special function pins and CYBT-483056-02 module?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please confirm whather you have done all the steps mentioned in the user guide or not? Detailed steps are given in the document. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EZ-Serial_WICED_Firmware_Platform_User_Guide_for_CYBT-4830XX-...

To start CYSPP operation, I think we need to assert (LOW) the CYSPP pin. That's what I can see in the document. Please check it once.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please confirm whather you have done all the steps mentioned in the user guide or not? Detailed steps are given in the document. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EZ-Serial_WICED_Firmware_Platform_User_Guide_for_CYBT-4830XX-...

To start CYSPP operation, I think we need to assert (LOW) the CYSPP pin. That's what I can see in the document. Please check it once.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Thank you for your response. 

I believe I have followed the steps provided in the user guide document. UART TX,RX,CTS and RTS pins are connected to external Host MCU as given in the document. 

EZ-Serial’s UART interface has two required signals for data and two optional signals for flow control, if enabled:
 Required: RXD – Receive data (input), connect to host TXD (output)
 Required: TXD – Transmit data (output), connect to host RXD (input)
 Optional: RTS – Module-side flow control (output), connect to host CTS (input), default enabled
 Optional: CTS – Host-side flow control (input), connect to host RTS (output), default enabled

Before enter into CYSPP mode, I would like to configure the CYBT-483056-02 module such as reset the module , setting of transmit power, device name etc so that  I have set CYSPP pin to HIGH to put into Command mode.

 CYSPP pin externally de-asserted (HIGH): Command mode (text or binary)
 CYSPP pin externally asserted (LOW): CYSPP mode

Whenever I send any API command from Host MCU like /RFAC , GBA , I am not seeing any response from BLE module. 

Is there a way to find out whether module is pre-programmed with EZ-Serial Firmware?

I am not sure whether I missed any settings on HW pins. Have we required to control CTS , RTS pins while transmit commands or receive response/event?

Thanks,

MuthuKumar

0 Likes
ScottKerstein
Employee
Employee
5 solutions authored 10 likes received 25 sign-ins

Hi Muthu,

When EZ-Serial is programmed and module powered, you will be able to see the module advertising using CySmart app along with the xx:xx:xx address.

Scott

ScottK_91_0-1655823565763.jpeg

0 Likes