EZ-Serial unexpected behaviour

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Arf
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi,
I am using EZ-Serial (latest version) on a CYBT-353027-02 and trying to connect via SPP to a Microchip RN4677 module.
First problem, the connection attempt from CYBT to RN always fails almost instantly:
/btc,a=D88039F0D0FC,t=1
@R,000F,/BTC,0000,C=00
@E,0011,BTCF,C=00,R=0001
@E,0012,BTDIS,C=07,R=0000

The RN4677 is in a connectable, listening mode that doesn't require a pin and I can connect to it with all sorts of other devices, only the CYBT won't connect.

Then, if I use the RN4677 to instead act as master and connect to the CYBT module, I can do this and send data via transparent pipe, however, I expected the CYSPP pin (P3, pin 4 on module) to be asserted LOW upon connection, and I expected to be able to pull it high again to terminate the SPP link. The problem is, the CYSPP pin just always stays HIGH. Why??

0 Likes
1 Solution
Arf
Level 2
Level 2

Oh and if I then pull the CYSPP pin to GND while the two are connected, the RN4677 indicates DISCONNECT but the CYBT becomes unresponsive like I have broken it, and then I have to reboot it to get it working again. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Arf
Level 2
Level 2

Oh and if I then pull the CYSPP pin to GND while the two are connected, the RN4677 indicates DISCONNECT but the CYBT becomes unresponsive like I have broken it, and then I have to reboot it to get it working again. 

0 Likes