EZ-Serial and LMP_name_req

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VM
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like given

I am using a CYBT343026 module, controlling it via EZ-Serial.

I use bt_start_inquiry to find BT/EDR devices. I see that some devices return both bt_inquiry_result and bt_name_result while some return only the former, providing no device name.

When I enumerate the same devices with my PC/Phone I see their names. I suppose that the PC/Phone sends LMP_name_req requests for those devices.

How can I do the same via Ez-Serial?

I tried bt_query_name, but this seem to work only for devices that already return a valid name.

Is there a way to retrieve device names for BT/EDR devices that don't expose it in their inquiry reply but just on request?

Thank you in advance for your support.

I tested with FW 1.2.27 and 1.2.29.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I checked it internally. The bt_query_name also uses the inquiry process and returns the name during the inquiry.

We will check it and update the process in the next release of the EZ-Serial FW.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I checked it internally. The bt_query_name also uses the inquiry process and returns the name during the inquiry.

We will check it and update the process in the next release of the EZ-Serial FW.

0 Likes