[EZ-Serial] In CTBY-353027-02, Reset during Flash writing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaYa_4777276
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

What does it do when a reset is executed during Flash writing process (especially Bonding)?

For example, I confirmed the following phenomenon. (FW version is v1.2.29)

1. Set and store the Baud rate of UART to 9600bps (STU,B=2580,A=0,C=0,F=0,D=8,P=0,S=1 and /SCFG)

2. Reset by XRES just after /SFCG command (Actually, execute both reset and /SFCG almost simultaneously.)

3. After reset of step2, a baud rate is back to 115200. why?

TaYa_4777276_0-1641880683885.png

Best regards,

Yasui @ TED

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @TaYa_4777276 ,

This is expected by design. When a flash write operation is interrupted by a reset, there are chances for the flash contents to get corrupted. When the system reboots and sees the corrupted configuration contents, it will clear the flash and load the factory default settings. This is the reason why you are seeing baud rate to be reset and the bonding information being cleared. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
BragadeeshV

Hi @TaYa_4777276 ,

Can you please let us know if you are issuing the reset or the reset is happening automatically after you perform you the above listed commands.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
TaYa_4777276
Level 2
Level 2

Hi BragadeeshV,

I issued the reset. I tried it with CYBT353027-02 Eva board and pushed SW1 to issue XRES reset.

Thanks,

Yasui @ TED

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @TaYa_4777276 ,

Please check sections "Protected Configuration Settings" that explains why system_set_uart_parameters (STU) stores the information in RAM and not in flash. If you want to make this change in the flash,  you must send the command once without the flash storage bit/flag, and then re-send the same command again with the flash storage bit/flag set. This prevents accidental permanent communication lockout resulting from flash-stored settings that the connected host cannot use.

This is not true for bonding. If you have the bonding enabled, the keys are stored in flash and a reset will not clear the bonding information. However, a firmware upgrade via UART will remove any bonding information present.

Please check the user guide for details 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EZ-Serial_WICED_Firmware_Platform_User_Guide_for_CYW2070x-bas... 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
TaYa_4777276
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Brangadeesh,

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, I know STU information store in RAM.

On my testing, I tested XRES reset and /SCFG command after I stored STU info in Flash by /SFCG.

Now I tried testing of XRES reset and /SCFG command with bonding list.

1. Connect CYBT353027-02 EVB with Android smart phone and confirm the Bonding list by /QB

2. Reset of XRES by SW1 just after /SFCG command from Teraterm

3. After reset of step2, check the Bonding list by /QB. Then, the Bonding list is cleared.

TaYa_4777276_0-1642057458135.png

Thanks,

Yasui @ TED

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @TaYa_4777276 .

Apologies for delayed response. I tried to issue /scfg command and reset later but the bonding data is not cleared. 

BragadeeshV_0-1642701152622.png

Are you waiting for the flash write to complete before issuing reset ?" @R, 000E, /SCFG , 0000"? Or is your experiment to perform a reset while flash write is ongoing? If yes, I can also see that all configuration settings are restored to factory default values and the bonding table is erased. We will confirm this behavior with the FW team and get back to you shortly. We appreciate your patience. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
TaYa_4777276
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Bragadeesh,

Thank you for your response.

I performed a reset while flash write is ongoing.

Thanks,

Yasui @ TED

0 Likes
BragadeeshV

Hi @TaYa_4777276 ,

This is expected by design. When a flash write operation is interrupted by a reset, there are chances for the flash contents to get corrupted. When the system reboots and sees the corrupted configuration contents, it will clear the flash and load the factory default settings. This is the reason why you are seeing baud rate to be reset and the bonding information being cleared. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes

Hi Bragadeesh ,

Thank you for the answer. I cleared. Thanks.

Yasui

0 Likes