Does CYBT-343026-01 support the features up to BT5.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xin10pan
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I am using CYBT-343026-EVAL as controller side and program mtb-example-btsdk-empty by ModusToolBox2.3.

When I check the supported HCI command with CyBluetool,  the commands defined in 5.0 and 5.2, like "LE_Set_Extended_Advertising_Parameters" or "LE_Set_CIG_Parameters", are all returned "Unknown HCI Command".

I also check the supported HCI commands by sending "Read_Local_Supported_Commands", the contents displayed doesn't include such commands.

Questions:

1. Does CYBT-343026-01 support  BT5.2?If supported,  is there a matched BTSDK app which can be programmed to use BT5.2 features?

2. Does ModusToolBox2.3 with BTSDK 3.0 support BT5.0? The HCI command defined in BT5.0 like "LE_Set_Extended_Advertising_Parameters" also return "Unknown HCI Command".

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @xin10pan ,

CYBT-343026-01 is BT 5.0 certified and supports all features of BT 4.2 (LE secure connections, DPLE and LE privacy). It does not support any of the features of BT 5.0 (2 Mbps PHY, Advertisement extensions etc.) . I hope this answers your question. 

Currently, none of our broad market chips support LE advertisement extensions feature. Please contact your local sales representative or marketing team for further information.

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @xin10pan ,

CYBT-343026-01 is BT 5.0 certified and supports all features of BT 4.2 (LE secure connections, DPLE and LE privacy). It does not support any of the features of BT 5.0 (2 Mbps PHY, Advertisement extensions etc.) . I hope this answers your question. 

Currently, none of our broad market chips support LE advertisement extensions feature. Please contact your local sales representative or marketing team for further information.

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes