Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Steps I followed using MTB 3.1:

1.  New project from "Bluetooth_LE_Battery_Server"
  2. Used BSP assistant to port both projects to CY8CPRROTO-063-BLE
  3. Set OTA_SUPPORT=0 in makefile

Application seems to run but most connection attempts fail after only a few seconds. When they do succeed, they disconnect within a few seconds.  It does not seem like 5 seconds, but the logs suggest it is near that. 

I fixed one problem,  0x24 unknown event, but that was not the issue.  I added the btspy functionality and captured this. In this case the connection happened, and the phone app showed the service list, but then immediately disconnected.  

0 Likes
6 Replies
Yugandhar
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

I have checked the Battery_server example project with AIROC Bluetooth connect app. I didn't observed any disconnection.
Could you please let me know on how frequently this issue occurs ? Did you check with Infineon AIROC Bluetooth connect app ? Did you try with another phones ?

If possible, can you share the Bluetooth Air logs or Android logs ?

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Panometric
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 100 replies posted

@Yugandhar here is a wireshark log I collected with my sniffer from that other BLE company. 
Device is: Advertising Address: CypressS_9f:50:d4 (00:a0:50:9f:50:d4) but I don't see anything it it except advertising though. 

I also captured a logcat from AndroidStudio in the PNG below. The disconnect reason is 133.  I could not figure out how to get the HCI log on new Android. It used to be a file you just downloaded, but it's harder to access now. 

If this isn't helpful, please try my code on a CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. I honestly think the new stack does not work well on this device.  My whole purpose is to approve this upgrade to MTB 3.1, right now it's a fail and we are stuck on MTB 2.4  until it's fixed. 

0 Likes
MuhammadNanda_K
50 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hello @Panometric ,

I observe the same issue in PSoC 63 board.
This issue does not occurred in PSoC 62 board. 

We are still investigating this issue.
We are apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you and regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes

@MuhammadNanda_K I have since verified exactly the same problem with the Findme Example.  This seems like an unresolved stack bug, and is critical to us.   I have opened a case: IFX-230918-1074679

0 Likes

Hello @Panometric ,

We have been looking this issue since my last confirmation.
Currently this thread also has been transferred to same application engineer with the case. The discussion might also be continued in the case.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you and regards,
Muhammad Nanda

0 Likes

We are facing the same issue of getting GATT_CONN_TIMEOUT after a random amount of time. BTspy does not provide any more information aside from throwing a HCI_Disconnection_Complete event with Connection Timeout as reason.

Given that this topic is already several months old, what is the current status of this issue? Has this been resolved by updating to different libraries or is there any other option to fix this?

0 Likes