Cypress BLE Beacon not seen in Android 10 App

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NitroHxC
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I just purchased a CYALKIT-E02 with a solar powered BLE beacon. I put it in sunlight and installed the Cypress BLE Beacon App in my Android 10 phone (from Google Play). However, it can't find any device.

I can see the device with a generic BLE Scanner App though.

Also, I noticed that the Cypress BLE Beacon App has not asked me for "Location" permission. If I go to the app permission settings, it only asks for "Storage" and not for "Location". I just can't find "Location" in the app permissions list.

I know from past projects that "Location" is required for any Bluetooth APP to work. 

Have anyone had this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Could you please let me know in which mobile you are seeing this issue ?

Did you check with any other phones ?

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Yugandhar,

thanks for your reply,

I just tried with my wife's iPhone 8 and it works! (Attached file)

On my android phone, if I scan with BLEScanner, I can see the beacon (Attached file)

My phone is an Ulefone Armor 9 with Android 10 , Kernel version 4.9.190+
The other non-working phone I tried is a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 9, kernel 4.4.111-18920278

I also tried downloading the .apk file from Cypress website but it has the same behavior: the "Location" permission is not listed among the app permissions for this app!

I also installed the App "CySmart" and it prompted a permission request for "Location", and I can see "Location" in the permission list for CySmart. I can also see the device with it but of course I can't connect to it or decode its advertising data with this app.

The Cypress BLE Beacon App I'm using is version 1.2.05

Help 🙂

0 Likes
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

I'm able to see the beacon in Android 10 phone. I had tested with samsung galaxy tab.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes