Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
euggersh
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hopefully this is the right place for this post...

I need to do some testing with a device which is, for now, based on a Nordic chip.  I'm trying to connect to it from CySmart on the desktop.  When the device is advertising, it doesn't come up in the CySmart scan.

When I try to use the Android version of CySmart, it doesn't find the device either.  However, nrfConnect on the phone does find it.  If I use nrfConnect to bond with the device, CySmart on the phone can now find it under paired devices and connect to it.

That doesn't help me, though, because I really need to be able to use CySmart on the desktop to connect to it.  Does anyone have any clue why CySmart can't find this device while nrfConnect can?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @euggersh 

Is there even a 5.0 dongle?

->There is no BLE 5.0 compliant CySmart dongle.

Does this also explain why CySmart on the phone can't see it?

->Yeah current version of CySmart android app does not support extended advertisement feature of BLE 5 so it is not listed.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
euggersh
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins First solution authored 50 replies posted

I just noticed that nrfConnect reports this device's advertising type as Bluetooth 5 Advertising Extension.  That would seem to explain why I can't see it in CySmart on the desktop -- I'm using a BLE 4.2 CySmart dongle.  Is there even a 5.0 dongle?

Does this also explain why CySmart on the phone can't see it?  Does it not support BLE 5?  Has CySmart been abandoned?

0 Likes
PratikshaV
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi @euggersh 

Is there even a 5.0 dongle?

->There is no BLE 5.0 compliant CySmart dongle.

Does this also explain why CySmart on the phone can't see it?

->Yeah current version of CySmart android app does not support extended advertisement feature of BLE 5 so it is not listed.

Thanks & Regards

Pratiksha V

0 Likes