Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jakub
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given

Hello,

I'd like to ask for opinion/advise on several issues. I will give you the context first:

I am developing an application using the CYW20719B2 in Modustoolbox as officially suggested by Infineon. I am looking into doing a test production series, thus I will need at least several dozens of the MCUs. Unfortunately I cannot find any supply of this chip anywhere nor any expected date of new stock.. However I can see that CYW20719B1 MCUs have still quite high stock availability. Therefore I am considering using the CYW20719B1 in the meantime and then go with the CYW20719B2 when available. I understand that CYW20719B1 is not supported in Modustoolbox and is only supported in WICED Studio. Based on this I would like to ask the following:

1) Is there any official/unofficial way to add the CYW20719B1 target into the Modustoolbox? If so could you please give me some leads where to begin?

2) Is there a way to port the application from Modustoolbox back to WICED studio? Especially how to go about the generated files (COMPONENT_btstack..)?

3) By any chance is there somewhere some available stock of CYW20719B2 MCUs that I am not aware of? Or at least does anyone know about when we can expect CYW20719B2 to be available?

I understand that official advise is not to go back to CYW20719B1, however I do not see any better solution at this time. If you can give me any other advise that I missed on how to go about the current situation I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @jakub 

It is not recommended to use CYW20719B1. CYW20719B2 should be available. I suggest you to contact our local sales & FAE. 

1) Is there any official/unofficial way to add the CYW20719B1 target into the Modustoolbox? If so could you please give me some leads where to begin?

A: It is not possible

2) Is there a way to port the application from Modustoolbox back to WICED studio? Especially how to go about the generated files (COMPONENT_btstack..)?

A: It is not directly compatible, but you can refer to the application code flow and do the same implementation in WICED SDK

3) By any chance is there somewhere some available stock of CYW20719B2 MCUs that I am not aware of? Or at least does anyone know about when we can expect CYW20719B2 to be available?

A: Please contact our local sales & FAE. 

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @jakub 

It is not recommended to use CYW20719B1. CYW20719B2 should be available. I suggest you to contact our local sales & FAE. 

A: It is not possible

A: It is not directly compatible, but you can refer to the application code flow and do the same implementation in WICED SDK

A: Please contact our local sales & FAE. 

Regards,

Anjana