CYW920721 Wiced application BT stack versions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Lavanya
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 replies posted

We are using CYW920721 in our project and our application is based out of the example code Audio watch.  While building the application picks up files from COMPONENT_btstack_v1 whereas I do see COMPONENT_btstack_v3. What is the difference between these two versions of btstack and I dont find any makefile reference to COMPONENT_btstack_v1. Why the files app.c etc are picked from COMPONENT_btstack_v1 instead of the latest stack base COMPONENT_btstack_v3

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @Lavanya ,

Sorry for the delayed response. It depends on which BSP you are using. With some BSPs, depending on the version of the stack in the ROM code point to the v1 and and similarly, depending on the version of the stack in ROM code, some BSPs point to v3. And these changes need not be made by the user. If your concern is the stack version you are using, you can check it from the library manager and make changes there if required. 

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @Lavanya ,

In the file at mtb_shared\wiced_btsdk\dev-kit\bsp\<TARGET>\<release>\<Target>.mk,  it is declared which stack version to use in component folders. The V1 and V3 indicate the version of btstack used in rom code of chip, but has nothing to do with the BTSDK version. 

The btsdk is built on the top of the bluetooth stack version in the rom code. 

I have forwarded your query to our software team as well to double-check and will let you know their response. In the meantime, one needs to pay attention to only the BTSDK version, selected in the library manager.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
Lavanya
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you Advait. I repointed my tarket.mk file to btstack_v3 make through lots of compilation error most of them missing definitions and new struct members etc, many with respect BLE and gatt service. Can you please let me know In case I need to update to btstack_v3 what is the procedure?

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @Lavanya ,

The BSP makefile controls which BT_Stack version the BSP has, and the user does not need to change anything regarding this. 

Can you please let us know why do you want to change this version?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
Lavanya
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Advait,

We want to upgrade to latest BT stack which I think is btstack_v3, guide me how can I upgrade to it. Also help me to understand the difference between btstack_v1 and btstack_v3

0 Likes
Lavanya
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Advait,

Can you please help me understanding the major difference between between stack_v1 and v3

Thanks

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @Lavanya ,

Sorry for the delayed response. It depends on which BSP you are using. With some BSPs, depending on the version of the stack in the ROM code point to the v1 and and similarly, depending on the version of the stack in ROM code, some BSPs point to v3. And these changes need not be made by the user. If your concern is the stack version you are using, you can check it from the library manager and make changes there if required. 

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes