CYW20819 How to limit the number of ACL links.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToKo_4602001
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

On our SPP firmware that supports single connection, we are facing the problem that when multiple device try to make connections at the same time, both ACL links are established.

We want to limit the number of acceptable ACL link to one or to disconnect the 2nd ACL link.

Does Infineon offer the APIs to be able to use for this aim?

*We have tried to disable the page scan (HCI Write_Scan_Enable) after 1st connection has been established, however it is not work as we expected.

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

In my opinion, the application should handle the number of peer devices supposed to be connected to our device. Once the required number of peer devices is connected, we can set the discoverability and connectability appropriately and limit the future connections.

wiced_bt_dev_set_discoverability

wiced_bt_dev_set_connectability

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hello @ToKo_4602001 

From your description I believe your device should not allow a second SPP connection when the first one is active. Is that correct?

Can you please try to modify the below config parameter under wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t to 1 and try?

.rfcomm_cfg = /* RFCOMM configuration */
{
.max_links = 1, /**< Maximum number of simultaneous connected remote devices. Should be less than or equal to l2cap_application_max_links */
.max_ports = 1, /**< Maximum number of simultaneous RFCOMM ports */
},

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes
ToKo_4602001
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Thank you for quick reply.

> From your description I believe your device should not allow a second SPP connection when the first one is active. Is that correct?

==> Yes it is. My device should not allow a second SPP connection.

> Can you please try to modify the below config parameter under wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t to 1 and try?

==> I have tried this to limit the number of SPP connections. But a lower 2nd ACL connection is accepted...

So we have faced internal error.

Regards,

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

In my opinion, the application should handle the number of peer devices supposed to be connected to our device. Once the required number of peer devices is connected, we can set the discoverability and connectability appropriately and limit the future connections.

wiced_bt_dev_set_discoverability

wiced_bt_dev_set_connectability

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes