CYW20721B2KUMLG(40-pin QFN)/ GPIO Wake Pin configuration from Sleep Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
tayo
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 25 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hello Infineon support team.

We developed CYW20721B2KUMLG module, and would like to measure the current consumption during sleep mode.

<Our environment>.
- ModusToolBox: version 2.4
- Template Application: Audio_Headset_and_Speaker
- No external host (HCI UART_CTS line is not asserted.)
- Assumed device wake pin : P25
- sleep_config:
config.sleep_config.enable = WICED_TRUE;
config.sleep_config.sleep_mode = WICED_SLEEP_MODE_NO_TRANSPORT;
config.sleep_config.host_wake_mode = WICED_SLEEP_WAKE_ACTIVE_LOW;
config.sleep_config.device_wake_mode = WICED_SLEEP_WAKE_ACTIVE_LOW;
config.sleep_config.device_wake_source = WICED_SLEEP_WAKE_SOURCE_GPIO;
config.sleep_config.device_wake_gpio_num = WICED_P25;

<Current Behavior>
The CYW20721 seems enter into sleep mode after power on. Because we observed uA range current consumption.
After that, we observed following current consumption after asserting P25 pin low level to wake CYW20721 up.
20mA for 2sec, then down to the uA range. We suspect the wake pin "P25" does not work well.

<Need Help>
Please tell us an example code to assign P25 to wake up pin for CYW20721.

Thanks,

Tayo

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @tayo ,

Apologies for delay in reply. I could not reproduce your issue last week as I did not have access to hardware. Now, I am trying your project but it is not working as intended. After going through your code, what I am seeing is that you have not defined a callback function for the platform button 3/pin. Kindly refer to the project shared and write the necessary call backs and also test out how it works. 

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @tayo ,

We are working on this issue and will shortly come back with a response to your query.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @tayo ,

One problem that I am seeing is pin 25 is also configured as SPI_CLK in the device configurator. That might be causing an issue. Kindly go to the device configurator and remove the p25 as the SPI_CLK so that there is no conflict. Also, please refer to the wakeup events callback and other related information in our document: https://github.com/Infineon/training-modustoolbox-level3-bluetooth/blob/master/Type2/Manual/Ch08-Low.... This should help you in making the correct firmware changes.

Please let me know if this helps or you need further assistance.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hello Kulkarni.

We have taken the above measures for the P25 pin, but the situation has not improved.

We only have the CYW920721M2EPA2 evaluation board.

We want to verify sleep mode operation with this evaluation board.

Could you please tell us how we can confirm the sleep mode operation with this CYW920721M2EPA2 evaluation board?

Best regards,

Suke

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @SuKe_4819666 ,

Can you please share your entire application code? We will try to reproduce it at our end and debug.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hello Kulkarni.

The entire application code cannot be uploaded beyond the maximum file size. Is there any way to upload it? Or should I just upload the file with the changes from the default code?

Best regards,

Suke

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello Kulkarni.

I am using the Kit Name:CYW920721M2EVK-01 sample code.

I will upload the files I have changed in it.

I would like the application to go to sleep at startup and start when the P25 port goes Low. However, when the P25 port is low, the device only starts for a moment and then immediately returns to a sleep-like state. Can you please tell me which part of the setting is the problem?

Best regards,

Suke

0 Likes
tayo
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
100 replies posted 25 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hello Kulkarni-san

Do you have any updates? Please let us know your latest status.

Thanks,

0 Likes
lock attach
advait_kulkarni

Hi @tayo ,

Apologies for delay in reply. I could not reproduce your issue last week as I did not have access to hardware. Now, I am trying your project but it is not working as intended. After going through your code, what I am seeing is that you have not defined a callback function for the platform button 3/pin. Kindly refer to the project shared and write the necessary call backs and also test out how it works. 

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes