CYW20719 Bluetooth Peripheral Timeout

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rjmcc
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I am working on a project which involves having an app connect and send data via BLE to a CYW20719B1 chip (I know B2 is preferred, but I have been unable to get one). The data transfers can take a few minutes, and occasionally, due to issues in the environment, power loss, or other external factors, the connection can be interrupted without allowing the app to cleanly disconnect. Is there some setting on the board that will let me create a connection timeout, such that if the board doesn't receive data for a certain amount of time it will automatically disconnect from BLE or give me a callback such that I can make sure it is cleanly disconnecting?

Thanks,

Ryan McCubbin

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I think, you can rely on the supervision timeout. And whenever the connection terminates, read the connection handle value and do the appropriate actions for clean disconnection.

please check the parameter conn_supervision_timeout in wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t (app_bt_cfg.c)

Please go through 4.5.2 Supervision timeout in the spec Vol6, Part B.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I think, you can rely on the supervision timeout. And whenever the connection terminates, read the connection handle value and do the appropriate actions for clean disconnection.

please check the parameter conn_supervision_timeout in wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t (app_bt_cfg.c)

Please go through 4.5.2 Supervision timeout in the spec Vol6, Part B.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes