CYW20706 multiple Hands-free connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
khmild
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am working with CYW20706 Bluetooth chip (CYW920706WCDEVAL kit). I want to connect two devices with HF and AVRC controller profiles simultaneously. I am using the "Audio_Headset" example from Modus Toolbox. When I am connecting two devices, first of them is connects with HF and AVRC controller profiles as I want. Second one is connecting only with AVRC controller profile. When I am trying to connect it as a HF too, new connection is rewriting one of already existing connections (has the same handle number). Also, it seems possible to create two HF connections and one AVRC controller, but the last connection is never working.

It looks like maximum connections number is limited on 3. Is this possible to do what I want with this chip?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Could you please try setting the appropriate values for the required wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t parameters. For example, max_simultaneous_links, rfcomm_cfg {max_links, max_ports}, etc.

Let me confirm once again your requirement. You wanted to have simultaneous HF & AVRC connections to two peer devices. Please confirm.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

Could you please try setting the appropriate values for the required wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t parameters. For example, max_simultaneous_links, rfcomm_cfg {max_links, max_ports}, etc.

Let me confirm once again your requirement. You wanted to have simultaneous HF & AVRC connections to two peer devices. Please confirm.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Hello, thank you for reply

Yes, that is the ideal case, or at least one device with HF connection, and second with HF & AVRC.

Let me explain the problem more detailed on an example:

I am pairing 1st device, it connects automatically as HF (handle 2) and AVRC (handle 1).

Then I am pairing 2nd device, it connects automatically as AVRC (handle 0).

I am trying to manually connect 2nd device as HF too and it connects with handle 1, same with already existing connection. This deletes previously created connection.

Or another example:

I am manually connecting two devices as HF only, everything connects fine at first, but after a couple of moments it automatically creates AVRC connection for each device. One of this connections rewrites already existing one.

I already tried to change “Maximum number simultaneous links to different devices” from 3 to 4 in the wiced_bt_cfg_settings, didn’t change anything.

Is it possible to make it create last connection with handle 3, so it doesn’t rewrite the existing one? Or at least disable auto connections, so I can create connections manually.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello, thank you for reply

Yes, that is the ideal case, or at least one device with HF connection, and second with HF & AVRC.

Let me explain the problem more detailed on an example:

I am pairing 1st device, it connects automatically as HF (handle 2) and AVRC (handle 1).

Then I am pairing 2nd device, it connects automatically as AVRC (handle 0).

I am trying to manually connect 2nd device as HF too and it connects with handle 1, same with already existing connection. This deletes previously created connection.

Or another example:

I am manually connecting two devices as HF only, everything connects fine at first, but after a couple of moments it automatically creates AVRC connection for each device. One of this connections rewrites already existing one.

I already tried to change “Maximum number simultaneous links to different devices” parameter in the wiced_bt_cfg_settings, didn’t change anything.

Is it possible to make it create last connection with handle 3, so it doesn’t rewrite the existing one? Or at least disable auto connections, so I can create connections manually.

Thanks.

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Update:

Hands-free is mutually exclusive with a2dp/avrcp with Bluetooth classic. Only one device can be active at a time.

Please try to change the below macro from 1 to 2 inorder to connect two devices. 

CY_APP_DEFINES += -DBT_HS_SPK_CONTROL_BR_EDR_MAX_CONNECTIONS=1

0 Likes