CYW20706 HCI ACL Buffer count

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jbruneaux
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I've seen that the CGS file for CYW20706A2 wiced uart firmware was limiting the ACL Buffers to 6 (see "Host claim ACL down payload count" in file mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/release-v3.3.0/COMPONENT_20706A2/internal/20706A2/wiced_uart/bld/20703A2_wiced_uart.cgs).

Also in the project app_bt_cfg.c  file, we can define more buffers for the ACL messages (default is also 6 here).

Changing the buffer count in the app_bt_cfg.c file do not change the value that is sent in response to a "HCI_READ_BUFFER_SIZE" command.

Changing the buffer count in the CGS file do change the value seen by HOST.

Questions :

1/ Can I change the value in the CGS file (I can do it by modifying the CGS file and compiling again, but I don't know if this will work, maybe it's tighly linked to some fixed buffer structure in the 20706 firmware) ?

2/ Is the app_bt_cfg.c setting meaningfull when the chipset is used in HCI mode ?

3/ Do I have to change both values to make it work (i.e : I wan't to increase the value from 6 to 8 buffers, do I have to change the buffer count in app_bt_cfg.c at the same time I change the CGS file ?)

Regards, Jerome

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

If you are using the device in Host mode, and only the general patch is programmed in the chip, then the buffer pool configuration done in the  app_bt_cfg.c does not have any effect. 

You can make changes in the cgs file and increase the buffer size to 8. It can work. But please make sure the application has enough space to implement its logic.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

If you are using the device in Host mode, and only the general patch is programmed in the chip, then the buffer pool configuration done in the  app_bt_cfg.c does not have any effect. 

You can make changes in the cgs file and increase the buffer size to 8. It can work. But please make sure the application has enough space to implement its logic.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks. The application is an empty application so I think the space should not be a problem.

Regards