CYW20706 First boot problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jan_sqgaard
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I have a new PCB design with a CYW20706. It is connected the same way as on the EVAL-Board. It is supposed to boot from the same type of flash memory.

I cannot get the IC to boot.

I have a MiniProg4. Through it i can connect to the processor with SWD but not through HCI UART.

I have tried to load data directly into the MX25R4035 SPI-Flash. It still does not boot.

All voltages are correct. The crystal resonates with the correct frequency (24.00 MHz).

After a reboot there are some life on the SPI pins.

I'm not sure why i cannot get it to boot, or respond to HCI UART, but in the datasheet there's a few mentions of an OTP that is used to configure the boot sequence. Could that be what i'm missing? 

Please help,

Jan

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @jan_sqgaard ,

As this query was also handled in the case management system, closing this thread to avoid duplicates. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jan_sqgaard ,

You can connect to the HCI UART pins on the board using jumpers(since you have mentioned it is connected the same way as on the EVAL-Board) and perform HCI communication. Can you try this?
Also, can you provide logs if you can get them to see what is written to flash and reboot is correct or incorrect?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni ,

You want me to connect the MiniProg4 to the pins: BT_UART_RXD(F5), BT_UART_RXD(F4), BT_UART_RTS_N(F3) and BT_UART_CTS_N(G4)? I connect to these through testpins. There are no response.

I don't know what logs you want from the flash. I Generated the binary file from the hex and wrote it to the memory using an external microprocessor. When i read the data on the flash, it is identical to what i can read on the eval-boards flash after i program it using HCI through ModusToolbox. 

0 Likes

Hi @jan_sqgaard ,

I am asking for the UART logs or the HCI command logs of the download procedure, especially of the last couple of commands, and to compare it with the responses in download logs of MTB project on the 706 eval board. 

Also can you elaborate on how you are downloading the program to your flash? And from where are you downloading it from (like MTB or using HCI firmware donwload sequence)? Or are you not able to donwload program on the chip at all?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Hi @advait_kulkarni,
I’m not sure how to get the UART log from MTB but it tells me that it cannot determine the baud rate and I should put the processor in recovery mode. I have tried keeping MISO low during restart, it made no difference. MTB programs the evalboard correctly, also when I use an external MiniProg. 
I programmed the flash using a USB to SPI. The procedure is: Chiperase, write entire flash, read data back and compare. To check everything worked correctly I programmed the evalboard with MTB and repeated the last step on the eval board (read the flash memory and compare with a binary file). The two flashes are identical. 
Thank you,

Jan

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @jan_sqgaard ,

As this query was also handled in the case management system, closing this thread to avoid duplicates. 

0 Likes