CYBT-483056 using PUART line externally instead of virtual COM port.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pghole
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 10 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi ,

Instead of using virtual COM port for PUART I want to connect these pins to extenal UART, which then can be connected to other board. I turned of SW5 to OFF position and connected USB to TTL converter pins as below

TX = P4

RX = P33

5v = 5V_Bus

GND = GND

Before SW5 turn off I verified I am getting trace message on Virtual COM port PUART but after SW5 is OFF I did not

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @pghole ,

The SW5 switch is for PUART communication and switching it off will result in disabling of puart. Kindly verify the connections to the external uart and also the port you are using and the baudrate. If the issue is not resolved yet, kindly give us the trace messages as asked above and some more details about your hardware setup.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
advait_kulkarni

Hi @pghole ,

Can you please confirm that this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-4/CYBT-483056-using-PUART-line-externally-instead-of-virtual-... is created by you for the exact same issue, I will lock it as we will support your query here.

Can you please attach the traces that you are getting before turning off SW5 and also can you give us more details about your application?

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes

Yes this thread was created fro same issue.

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni

Hi @pghole ,

The SW5 switch is for PUART communication and switching it off will result in disabling of puart. Kindly verify the connections to the external uart and also the port you are using and the baudrate. If the issue is not resolved yet, kindly give us the trace messages as asked above and some more details about your hardware setup.

Thanks and regards,

Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes