CYBT 423028-02 Scan Response package not received when scanning

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aglier
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I'm trying to scan for another (non-Cypress) BLE device that advertises correctly.

I can get a scan response package with you CYBT-343026 EAVAL board and I can also see the device on several smart phones.

However If I'm using the CYBT-423028 EVAL Board, and send a start scan command, I will receive an advertising package of the device but not the scan response.

I'm setting the parameters correctly for active scanning and high duty cycle scan.

I have also turned the duplicate filtering on and off.

All the other parameters are at default state.

Also the whitelist filter policyis set to 0.

Additional information: I'm also using a BLE sniffer and can clearly see the SCAN_REQ and SCAN_RES packages going over the air with the correct payload. So I'm wondering why this is not forwarded over EZ serial...

Is there a known issue? Which parameters can also influence the scanning?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I have confirmed internally that the problem will be fixed in the next version of the EZ-Serial FW. But there isn't a specific schedule for it now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @aglier ,

Can you please confirm which mode you are using CYBT-423028 EVAL Board - emebdded mode with an application downloaded or HCI command mode or Ez-Serial platform?

From your description, seems like you are using Ez-Serial platform. Am I right? In that case, hope you are referring to the right guide & section 3.5.1 Scanning for Peripheral Devices : https://www.cypress.com/file/513201/download

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
aglier
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi Anjana,

you are right, I am uing the EZSerial platform to perform this task.

I do exactly what is described in chapter 3.5.1 but instead of using the text commands I use the binary commands.

But that should not make a difference.

I also get some advertisement package events (gap_scan_result events) but not from type scan response.

But I can clearly see that the peripheral device is sending this response over the air....

Regards

Alex

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

I have confirmed internally that the problem will be fixed in the next version of the EZ-Serial FW. But there isn't a specific schedule for it now.

0 Likes